Author Topic: Additional information for Photo and Music folders?  (Read 669 times)

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +8/-1
Additional information for Photo and Music folders?
« on: December 22, 2017, 04:11:10 am »
I have a "Photos" folder set as a favorite. I don't do any scanning of it as it is not a movies or music folder. Within it are folders like "2017 June Vacation" each of which has the corresponding photos as jpgs. Each such sub-folder (or album) also has a folder.jpg (237x179). These folder.jpg files show up when I press ENTER on the Favorite called "Photos". So far, so good. This view shows 2 rows of album pictures with a section at bottom of screen empty. My questions are:

1. No scanning required for "Photos", right?

2. The folder.jpg size: is 237x179 (or a multiple) ideal or is there a better size?

3. Is there a way to add an XML file to each album (or sub-folder) and have that information show up when listing the albums (i.e. after pressing ENTER on the Favorite called "Photos")? So, a "2017 June Vacation.xml"  might have some information that shows up when selecting the corresponding folder.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 06:12:48 am by mike_carton »

Offline elton-77

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-1
Re: Additional information for Photo folders?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:20:59 am »
In reply to 3. I don't see why not.

Easiest way would be to copy and rename an existing XML file [say from a movie] and edit the file to provide what you want.  At least that's my take on it. Wouldn't take long to try in anyway :)

AV: Panasonic TX-58EX700B & SC-HTE200EBK Speakerboard, Oppo BDP-93  Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2x 3TB external HDDs  Monitor Audio Silver 8i & 10i  Mission 77DS & 772  SVS PB12+ Sk-Q
HiFi: Musical Fidelity X-A1, Pair X-A50, X-LP, X-Can2, X-Ray  Mission 753's  Rega Planer 3  Beyer DT990 Sony 46W5500   Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2 x 1.5TB external HDDs

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 07:57:20 pm »
Not sure what the xml elements would be? Plot? Sure I can try butwantd to know if this is all already known with results of other people's experiments.

Offline elton-77

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 08:02:46 pm »
I was thinking just to experiment with it.

eg. If you rename a film xml you can 'null' the fields you don't want. Put the name of the folder as the title. Add the year etc.

Not sure of the results you'll get but it's unlikely to damage anything already there.

AV: Panasonic TX-58EX700B & SC-HTE200EBK Speakerboard, Oppo BDP-93  Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2x 3TB external HDDs  Monitor Audio Silver 8i & 10i  Mission 77DS & 772  SVS PB12+ Sk-Q
HiFi: Musical Fidelity X-A1, Pair X-A50, X-LP, X-Can2, X-Ray  Mission 753's  Rega Planer 3  Beyer DT990 Sony 46W5500   Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2 x 1.5TB external HDDs

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
Re: Additional information for Photo and Music folders?
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 06:18:46 am »
It is working for Photo albums (Sub-folders within the Favorite folder I called "Photos"). In one of the sub-folders I put a standard XML file with "Plot", "Actors" etc. and they showed up. Though, it insists on showing NA for "Rating" and "Duration" whatever I do.

I changed the title of thread to include Music folders.

I tried the same for a Jazz Music folder (The Favorite folder is "Instrumental" which has a sub-folder "Nutcracker Suite - Duke Ellington". I use TagScanner and it works as expected otherwise. The XML file seems to be not picked up. Attaching that XML file.

Offline elton-77

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 08:11:54 am »
It was just a suggestion to try and thankfully worked ... but don't know why the attached one didn't.

Perhaps someone may try and help further.

Hope you get it to your satisfaction ... there's probably a simply solution.

Merry Christmas.  ;D

Offline ico999

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 08:56:14 am »
Please HELP!!!
I have Med10001000x3D, and latest firmware 4.0.2..
When i want to watch the pictures from HD, in folder "Photos" I can not. In Setup Slideshow is ON, but when I click on picture, screen is black. If I turn off the slideshw, then I can view the images one by one. how to safely solve this problem?
Thanks!

Offline micron

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +5/-1
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 01:21:17 am »
Install the firmware again via the emergency method, firmware on usbstick in usb port then turn on the power and hold the on button for about 15 seconds pushed, than wait and after some time the install procedure will start, at the and the mede8er will restart. (Now the mede8er has the factorysettings). After installing don't use the configurationfile ( important) but instead do the configuration by hand after that, try to use the slide show, everything should work fine now.

Offline ico999

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 08:22:12 am »
Thanks @micron, and please, explain this to me:

"After installing don't use the configurationfile ( important) but instead do the configuration by hand after that, try to use the slide show"

Offline micron

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 12:59:13 pm »
Well the only thing i know is  that the error is in the configurationfile, and by setting all values by hand it will run well again. Many people have had this problem, see the forum. After everything works well again you can save a new configurationfile.
Hope it works for you.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:12:50 pm by micron »

Offline ico999

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 01:50:54 pm »
Thanks @micron!
After reinstal firmware 4.0.2 with Emergenci method, I can see pictures.
Open folder with pictures and move next photos with navigation button.. (I was hoping to work automatically, but and this is fine.).

Offline micron

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 02:44:09 pm »
The slideshow has to work now, is the slideshow set to ON in the settings ? You can find it under Diverse. I am dutch and its called Diashow in dutch.
When you are showing a picture, push the menu button and on the right side of the screen there wil be a menu where you can input the timing of the slides and you can set to off at that place, see for yourself.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:53:10 pm by micron »