Author Topic: MKV-files  (Read 442 times)

Offline RobinM

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
MKV-files
« on: December 21, 2017, 01:29:08 pm »
Hi,

Another post, however now in English.. I noticed that I put my question in Dutch, smart guy huh?  :P

Anyway, I have read a lot about the use of mkv files on the Mede8er, but something is not entirely clear to me.

If I understand correctly, should you be able to play MKv files with the med500x2?
I understand that if the resolution is too high, that it does not work, experienced that myself.
However when I want to play a mkf file with a lower resolution, the Mede8er doesn't display the file via TV.  On the PC it will though.

For the info: I use my med500x2 with 3tb as follows: I connect it to the computer via the USB connection, put films / series on it and put it at the TV that I connect via HDMI and watch it.

Don't I understand somethingt, or am I doing something wrong ...?

Thanks for the comments!

Offline rommy66

Re: MKV-files
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 06:05:38 pm »
Bro, I have also MED500X2 and all my collection of movies and series are 720p and 1080p and I haven't any problems to watch movies in FullHD resolution (1920x1080dpi) ;)

If you have a problems, install latest version of firmware for MED500X2.

Offline RobinM

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 09:51:32 am »
I have Installed the latest version, and I can play a lot of stuff which came to me a while back. However it's these mkv files which are making me use the laptop in front of the tv :/

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +191/-53
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 02:05:26 pm »
Check the codec.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

The codec takes priority over the container.

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +8/-1
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 06:43:00 pm »
If you're still having problems, please use MediaInfo application https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

You can post here the "text" version of that application's analysis of your problematic mkv file and we can go from there.