Author Topic: cant connect to network  (Read 607 times)

Offline reevesy

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: cant connect to network
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 09:10:19 am »
need some help folks...please

Offline reevesy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 10:42:39 am »
managed to ping the mede8er from my pc...but still cant get anything to show up

have set up my wireless dongle to see if that works....signal and cconnection is fine...still cant see my pc on the med...so assuming it might be a problem on the pc network sharing side of things?

...been through and re-checked share options...etc

....oh and I was going to try the file sharing manager on here but the links don't work

...for a device that prides itself on the amount of support on this forum

help is not very forth coming

:-[
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:02:59 am by reevesy »

Offline reevesy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 08:40:09 am »
still no joy after days of trying

finally managed to find a download winshare manager.....my pc can see the mede8ers hard drive via the lan cable in winshare....tried the clicking on the setting up sharing bit....get a error and it wont go no further

...so that hasn't worked either 

can anyone help..

:-[

Offline reevesy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 10:57:02 am »
well as I'm talking to myself....

hopefully what I've stumbled on could help someone else.

on my windows 7 pc.......went into uninstall a program and selected the .net framework program for repair

selected repair and re-booted pc

...now when I go into the mede8ers network ....I can see my pc's name (hallebloodyulla!) ...and my mede8ers internal hard drive in workgroup

...but now I get the failed log in problem

have password turned off in homegroup sharing options...and a separate mede8er user set up.

...ive tried user  'mede8er' with the password blank.....'mede8er'...with the password just in case

...'guest' password blank....and 'guest' with the password...

still getting failed login

now.....I've gone back into winshare.....made use I had administration rights.......managed to get the shared folders options come up....selected yes on all folders I want to use...did the share registry fix...re-booted

...still only getting my pc's name in the mede8er ...and failed logon's

....got a few devices on my network...never had a device that so hard to get using over one than what a mede8er is
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:28:25 am by reevesy »

Offline reevesy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 09:24:33 am »
well finally got it to work ...after days of googling and flaffing about....visiting other forums....with no help on here.

...poor show really considering all the experts and testers on here....thanks for nothing folks  :P

if it helps anyone else out all well and good.

final thing that might have done it was I uninstalled my anit virus ....then did a clean install

....seems to have done the trick as I've finally got access to all my movie folders.

...if this mede8er ever gets problematic again its in the bin and i'll buy a dune or something

>:(

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +189/-52
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 12:14:10 pm »
Only someone with the same problem , and finding that solutiin, could tell you about it. A forum is based on people fixing their own unique problems and posting about them. Every answer here is based on others peoples efforts.

Offline reevesy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 07:53:09 am »
guess no-ones had a cant connect to network or failed log on problem.  :o

...must just be me then

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 08:53:48 am »
You tried all the solutiins others had found. You are the first to say reinstalling ant-virus fixed it. So now we can add another solution.

Offline moi427

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 01:48:36 pm »
Well, it definitely wasn't only you Reevesy, same here since quit a while as written before. Since then also tried everything, including what seemed to have helped you (the antivirus), but here it's still the same. So no network showing nor being able to login to my NAS via the shortcut (the failed login). Alreadyy tried everything for changing DSN's etc. and whatever, but nothing works here.
So I'm glad for you you had "some sort of somehow" solution  ;D I still hope to find similar luck here  :-[ 

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 02:56:11 pm »
X1 users should check the X3D forum for the latest networking issues. Few use the X1 and so X3D users are more likely to find and fix networking issues.

The only recent issue is build 1703 of Windows 10' which had SMB1 server removed. 1709 put it back with inbuilt wannacry protection.

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-1
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 05:49:48 pm »
Things like networking can be highly dependent on individual setups. Once the the more well-known possibilities are exhausted, there's not much others can do to help short of doing a screen-sharing session and working through it.

The reinstall of anti-virus makes me wonder: is that anti-virus inclusive of a firewall? Somebody could've accidentally chosen to deny access to Mede8er.

One thing I noticed with a switch I had was that it wanted all network cables to be on adjacent ports starting from port 1; if I left any gaps, some devices couldn't connect.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 10:40:11 am »
The issue is the networked world around the player is constantly changing. No way can anyone keep track of the impact. Few are having to debug those changes using older players. I havn't powered up an X1 in years, and I have no  inclination to do so. Keeping the X3D relevant in today's world is enough.