Author Topic: X6003D refusing USB connections  (Read 266 times)

Offline Cinoche

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-10
X6003D refusing USB connections
« on: December 05, 2017, 08:26:38 am »
For the last 3 years I have been running my X6003D with a 10 port USB hub. The latter has a portable Bluray reader and 7 HDD's attached.

From time to time the X600 has crashed thereby forcing me to power-off manually. I hate doing that but there is no other way to shut down as it no longer recognizes the remote. 3 days ago it crashed and since then it no longer accepts anything connected to its USB port.

What happens during start-up is the USB hub gets displayed momentarily then disappears with the message "USB Unplug". It then returns and does the same thing over and over again.

For reasons of personal taste, I stuck with firmware version 3.0.6.

My question is can I recover my X600 by reinstalling the firmware or is it dead now?
If it can be recovered via a firmware reinstall, is it ok to continue with v3.0.6 or am I obliged to use the most recent version, and are there any special steps I need to follow in order to effect a successful recovery please?

Offline Cinoche

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
Re: X6003D refusing USB connections
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:07:26 am »
Update:
Connecting hard drives direct to the player rather than going through the hub works. This made me believe that maybe my hub was broken so I purchased a new one. Last night I connected the new hub which revealed I had wasted my money because the problem is exactly the same.

This means the issue is coming from the player. I have already reinstalled the firmware and that made no difference. I have great difficulty in believing the player is dead as it will recognize HDD's connected directly to its2 USB ports. So, I'm now thinking the bootloader may be corrupt.

Should I attempt to reinstall bootloader KIIE.0402.0065 /IAIE 0402.0065, and if I do would I need to reinstall my firmware afterwards?

Offline Cinoche

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
Re: X6003D refusing USB connections
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 04:55:46 pm »
Final update:
Due to the lack of response, I went ahead and reinstalled the bootloader, then ran the same emergency procedure to reinstall the firmware. The problem has not been solved.

The player can still read individual disks via either of its USB ports but it absolutely refuses to recognize disks attached to a USB hub, even though it always has done for the last 3 years.

Can an admin or Mede8er support please confirm whether my player is basically bricked or is there something I can do to recover this functionality?