Author Topic: Can't play BD 3D iso  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Almogaver1964

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Can't play BD 3D iso
« on: November 28, 2017, 12:20:28 PM »
Hi. I own a Med800x3d. But when I try to play a BD 3D iso file, it's played in 2D format. What should I do? Any suggestions?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:06:14 PM by Almogaver1964 »

Offline Dolus

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
Re: Can't play BD 3D iso
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 05:28:30 PM »
This happens to me sometimes. With the movie playing, press the Menu button on the remote and choose one of the 3D settings. It does not seem to matter which one. Once this is done the TV/Mede8er picks up the correct 3D format.

Not often playing 3D movies I overlooked the obvious. In settings turn the BD Menu off and the film should play in 3D.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:09:47 AM by Dolus »

Offline deano86

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »
Now, I don't happen to use .ISO format for my 3D rips, but with my 3D mkv files, I simply add ".TB" before the ".mkv" in my title and the Mede8er will automatically play in 3D mode!  Example....  Wonder Woman.TB.MKV   Not sure if that also works with ISO, but worth a shot...

Offline Tsunamijhoe

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:50:38 PM »
Hi. I own a Med800x3d. But when I try to play a BD 3D iso file, it's played in 2D format. What should I do? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Try to name the iso moviename (yyyy).3D.MVC.iso or moviename (yyyy).3D.MVC.mkv if you rip it.. Works with mkvs

However, the mede8er does NOT play bluray menus,so if it is a disc with both the 2d and 3d version on it, you might not be able to play it properly..

Best option is to rip the 3d version to a mkv as it works every time,and you get the correct 3D using MVC as is on the bluray

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 10:13:58 AM »
The ISO code is not full blown BD player code. It has limitations. One of which is the contents is assumed to be all like the first movie found. That is often a 2d 60hz trailer.
You must use the players gui playlist function, and guess which playlist is the movie. That will restart the ISO player, hopefully in 3D at 24hz.

Offline Cinoche

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-10
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 08:09:38 AM »
Now, I don't happen to use .ISO format for my 3D rips, but with my 3D mkv files, I simply add ".TB" before the ".mkv" in my title and the Mede8er will automatically play in 3D mode!  Example....  Wonder Woman.TB.MKV   Not sure if that also works with ISO, but worth a shot...

As far as I am aware, if you add .TB before the mkv extension this will automatically play any Top to Bottom movie in 3D. If the movie was ripped in Side By Side mode, you must replace TB with SBS to achieve the same thing. As Dolus correctly pointed out, for ISO movies turn the BD Menu off in the Setup menu.