Author Topic: Mede8er.db questions  (Read 508 times)

Online mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-1
Mede8er.db questions
« on: November 08, 2017, 02:07:04 am »
I've come back to working on my video collection after a gap of over an year. I'm planning to use ThumbGen to generate the following files for each video file:

- folder.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- about.jpg
- videoname.xml

I plan to use the "Favorites" feature of Mede8er (1000X3D) more-or-less exclusively. The above process does not generate Mede8er.db. My understanding is that such a file is required.

1. Can someone please explain the features of Mede8er that are implemented through Mede8er.db?

2. Any suggestions on how I can create the Mede8er.db file(s) and where they should be located without changing or deleting the various image and XML files I will be creating using ThumbGen?

3. Eventually, I plan to add my music, photos and radio station links as favorites as well. What do I need to do for them when it comes to mede8er.db files?

4. I believe "TV Series" cannot be added to Favorites; is that correct?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:32:11 am by mike_carton »

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +189/-52
Re: Mede8er.db questions
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:39:04 am »
Scan in the player is not just for scraping. In fact scraping was only added later. It can scan compatible scrape and create the database for you. The database allows additional search modes to be used, and the jukebox code allows full screen icon mode, and direct display of the abouts.  Without the database you remain in Media Library mode, opening folders and seeing the contents.

TV series can be linked to Favourites. They remain in Media Library mode, showing the contents of folders containing many episode files.

Online mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-1
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 01:47:48 am »
Thank you.

Offline Wattanut

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:08:16 am »
thank you for answers.