Author Topic: TV scraper not showing images  (Read 34040 times)

Offline Spike30

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: TV scraper not showing images
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 05:44:53 PM »
as of today even my movie scraper doesn't work anymore

Offline PAFER

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 01:02:31 PM »
Hi, the same problem and after reset and reinstall the firmware, I have the same problem. A lot of images TV series without any image, and a jpg image with 0 bytes (the mede8er show an danger icon).

I'm an user mac Apple and the program tvrename is for PC.

Anybody knows any program to run in Mac Apple???

Thanks in advance, but seems mede8er is dead with a lot of problems with no firmware updates and old components inside my mede8er 800...  :(

Any solution to change med800x3d to other machine meder8er with new components, firmware and a lot of years in front of them??

I remember that I was a lacie user with multimedia player, I open my Lacie multimedia player, catch the inside 1Tb HD, put the same 1 Tb HD in the med800 and runs fine (after, I change the name of the directory's movies, TV series and the hierarchy of my folders when I connect the MED800 with the USB3.0 to my Mac and mount in the finder how any USB external HD device... A good and easy job)

If you know something machine that I can do the same, tell me please!

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 01:42:19 PM »
I have a lot of sympathy for those who mistakenly bought the last batch. They where went for med fans who wanted a second or third player using the last 1186 chips in existence, using the last firmware that would ever be made.There where not meant to be sold as the latest thing sitting along side ARM based H265 4K devices. That is the retailers fault.   

Offline kazza61

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 02:36:33 PM »
I have a lot of sympathy for those who mistakenly bought the last batch. They where went for med fans who wanted a second or third player using the last 1186 chips in existence, using the last firmware that would ever be made.There where not meant to be sold as the latest thing sitting along side ARM based H265 4K devices. That is the retailers fault.

Should we take this to mean we should not expect a solution?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 03:05:39 PM »
You can no longer expect a solution to any issue. Hope, yes, but not expect.

Offline kazza61

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2017, 04:23:09 PM »
You can no longer expect a solution to any issue. Hope, yes, but not expect.

Ok, fingers crossed.

n the meantime, with a bit of trial and error, the best I can come up with is:

1. When you add a new TV show, scan the TV series folder as normal - this will download any  missing series and episode descriptions and the Mede8er will still show these (any existing art work in the folder for other shows is not lost). Never use 'Menu - Edit' on a folder that the Mede8er has failed to download art for - this just freezes the machine.

2. If you then plug the Mede8er in to your PC and you will see that the Mede8er has downloaded some fanart and folder jpgs but these cannot be read.

3. Delete the corrupt folder.jpgs and replace with a copy of the small image on the left of the main IMDB page for that series (it is just the right size).

4. Delete the fanart.jpgs and replace with any 1920 x 1080 image for that show you find in Google Images (there are usually loads to choose from)

The above means that all TV series in your Mede8er now have a front image, a season image, a big background image and text description of the series and each episode. (If you have more time than me you could even replace all the episode images but the above is just about good enough for me for now).

Scanning the TV series folder does not corrupt the new images you have replaced (so far anyway!). Just don't be tempted to go Menu-Edit or that really does ruin things.

Hopefully the above is useful to someone else.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2017, 04:37:19 PM »
It might be easier to just scrape via the PC and avoid the https image problem completely. Besides which, the bigger problem is TVDB are soon dropping the old API completely. Then everything fails to scrape, not just images.

I'm really pushing to thank Zakkie and his fellow med fans for updating their external app which predates internal scraping.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:46:27 PM by jer1956 »

Offline kazza61

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »
It might be easier to just scrape via the PC and avoid the https image problem completely. Besides which, the bigger problem is TVDB are soon dropping the old API completely. Then everything fails to scrape, not just images.

I'm really pushing to thank Zakkie and his fellow med fans for updating their external app which predates internal scraping.

Thanks for the clarification. What is the external app we should use? Thanks.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »
I tried to make it obvious via this sticky.

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,18940.0.html

Those of us who can are trying to keep the old lady going. I added VideosearchXL before Youtube dropped the 2012 portal in the players firmware. Now it's all the player has.

New owners imply the med has overrated support. The first X3d firmware was in November 2012. It's now a loved dinosaur. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:12:26 PM by jer1956 »

Siull

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2017, 07:19:39 PM »
Zakkie made his for the Mede8er.

http://tvrename.com/download.php

It is a really good job, but the language option does not work. The only language I get is english. That is enough for the most of you, but I'd like to get the episodes also in spanish. Is this possible?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2017, 07:30:09 PM »
It is a really good job, but the language option does not work. The only language I get is english. That is enough for the most of you, but I'd like to get the episodes also in spanish. Is this possible?

So point that out in his thread.

Offline kazza61

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2017, 08:18:13 PM »
I tried to make it obvious via this sticky.

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,18940.0.html

Those of us who can are trying to keep the old lady going. I added VideosearchXL before Youtube dropped the 2012 portal in the players firmware. Now it's all the player has.

New owners imply the med has overrated support. The first X3d firmware was in November 2012. It's now a loved dinosaur.

Ah ok. Thank you very much.

Offline RGauld

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-3
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2017, 12:36:22 PM »
I have tried using TVRename several times now...  After reading on how to set it up, and going through the user forums, I am at my wit's end...  The software continually exits with an error after scanning my
TV Series folders... It would seem I am unable to use this software....  As usual, after buying 2 of these units, I may as well use them for paperweights now....  So frustrating to spend my hard earned dollars on equipment that basically becomes unusable after a few years...  Time to look for another media player that
isn't going to waste my money....

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2017, 01:25:27 PM »
I just use mine now in DMR mode and chose whatever player i want for my tablet. I can't see the point of an all in box using a remote and a TV for the GUI anymore. 

Kodi also looks promising. It shares scrape via upnp in server mode. So with kodi on both pc and tablet you can browse the scraped collection on a PC via kodi on a tablet,  and select Play to X3D. Even Plex can't do that. It stuck with  chromecast.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:09:44 PM by jer1956 »

Offline pallec

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-0
    • Guitarfix
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2017, 09:22:31 PM »
Kodi also looks promising. It shares scrape via upnp in server mode. So with kodi on both pc and tablet you can browse the scraped collection on a PC via kodi on a tablet,  and select Play to X3D.

Hi,

Could you give some details on how you set up KODI (on a PC) to use the X3D as a player?

It sounds very interesting.

Thanks
MED600X3D - V4.0.2 - 6 April 2016
Connected to:
Netgear C6250 router
Synology DS214+ NAS (NFS)
Samsung UE65F8000 TV
Panasonic PT-AE2000 Projector
SONY STR-DN1040 AV Receiver

MED400X2S -> Philips TV (in bedroom)

www.guitarfix.dk