Author Topic: wrong/blank folder.jpg in jukebox/moviewall  (Read 1457 times)

Offline dotternetta

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
wrong/blank folder.jpg in jukebox/moviewall
« on: August 02, 2017, 10:01:05 am »
Got my 800x3d now (paid 200 euro for the 4tb version) for a few days and got everything working.
Only some folder.jpg are "blank" in jukebox+. All the info is build with YAMJ but with 2 of 200 movies the wrong/blank/standard folder.jpg is generated. Any advise?

ps: I don't use the onboard scraper and didn't give permission to the app (psps: how to re-give permission for future use?)

Offline elton-77

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-1
Re: wrong/blank folder.jpg in jukebox/moviewall
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 10:09:09 am »
I use YAMJ

Okay. Is the folder and film correctly named?
Perhaps you could put an .nfo file in the folder [named exactly as the film] and containing the imdb internet address to the film.

If you do add an .nfo file, delete the blank jpgs from the movie folder and from within the Jukebox folder too.

Just a couple ideas to try.

AV: Panasonic TX-58EX700B & SC-HTE200EBK Speakerboard, Oppo BDP-93  Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2x 3TB external HDDs  Monitor Audio Silver 8i & 10i  Mission 77DS & 772  SVS PB12+ Sk-Q
HiFi: Musical Fidelity X-A1, Pair X-A50, X-LP, X-Can2, X-Ray  Mission 753's  Rega Planer 3  Beyer DT990 Sony 46W5500   Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2 x 1.5TB external HDDs

Offline dotternetta

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 10:38:53 am »
YAMJ works fine, all the information is correct, so I think the folder filename is correct. Also an .inf-file is there, with IMDB-url. Only the folder.jpg that is created is the grey/empty/wrong one.
I deleted all the created files in the moviefolder and re-run YAMJ but haven't in the jukeboxfolder! Thank you for the tip! I will try it tonight!

Any tips about tv-series? YAMJ on the AC-Ryan shows series correctly, but Mede8er shows no series in the Jukebox+

Offline dotternetta

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 08:45:14 am »
Thanks Elton, that did the trick.

If I understand right, YAMJ to mede8er, step 1: produces the jukebox on your pc and copies the files to the moviefolders. Step 2: copies the jukebox to the mede8er. Am I right? And I need to to both steps every time with every movie?

I don't understand why you can select one movie in yamj? What is the function for that? I can select 1 or multiple and then?

Tip: I set YAMJ to use 4 cores and 4 threads, it speeds up the process very much!

Offline elton-77

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 09:02:24 am »
Thanks Elton, that did the trick.

If I understand right, YAMJ to mede8er, step 1: produces the jukebox on your pc and copies the files to the moviefolders. Step 2: copies the jukebox to the mede8er. Am I right? And I need to to both steps every time with every movie?

I don't understand why you can select one movie in yamj? What is the function for that? I can select 1 or multiple and then?

Tip: I set YAMJ to use 4 cores and 4 threads, it speeds up the process very much!

Thanks for the feedback dotternetta ... I'm glad it worked for you.

You are correct in the two step procedure. But whenever the results are 'incorrect', I always edit out the Jukebox folder of the movies effected and run again.

As for selecting one movie or several ... I have no idea why that is an option in YAMJ either !!!

Thanks for the tip on cores and threads ... I shall give that a try. I am unsure why, but on some occasions YAMJ is incredibly fast and other times incredibly slow??? One of life's little mysteries.

AV: Panasonic TX-58EX700B & SC-HTE200EBK Speakerboard, Oppo BDP-93  Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2x 3TB external HDDs  Monitor Audio Silver 8i & 10i  Mission 77DS & 772  SVS PB12+ Sk-Q
HiFi: Musical Fidelity X-A1, Pair X-A50, X-LP, X-Can2, X-Ray  Mission 753's  Rega Planer 3  Beyer DT990 Sony 46W5500   Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2 x 1.5TB external HDDs

Offline dotternetta

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 07:36:54 pm »
It takes 1 minute to rescan my jukebox (added 2 new movies) and then about 1 minute to copy to mede8er, with my settings. I have 210 mkv's.

Offline elton-77

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 08:34:28 am »
It takes 1 minute to rescan my jukebox (added 2 new movies) and then about 1 minute to copy to mede8er, with my settings. I have 210 mkv's.

That is uber fast imo.

Didn't get the opportunity to try your tip yesterday but I'm definitely going to give this a whirl today :)

Offline elton-77

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 08:40:19 am »
Any tips about tv-series? YAMJ on the AC-Ryan shows series correctly, but Mede8er shows no series in the Jukebox+

Sorry, but I totally missed this question.

As far as I can tell, YAMJ does not scan tv-series very well and I have had absolutely no success with it. For tv-series I always use the internal scraper that does the job nicely.

Offline elton-77

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 09:29:19 am »

Hi. Just had a look how to do this and realise I do not know how.

Can you provide advice for me please?

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +8/-1
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 11:57:42 pm »
You guys seem to be making some headway on this feature. I have a few questions about the Aggregate Jukebox.

1. I see "Aggregate Jukebox" and "Jukebox +". Are they one and the same?

2. Is the concept applicable to Movies only or does it apply to TV Series, Music and Photos as well?

3. I read about Phase I and Phase II. Are we in Phase II now?

4. I followed the manual and it is mixing up movies from all my Genre folders into one Jukebox+ folder; is there a way to avoid that?

The current, regular jukebox structure is:

Movies
|
-----Action
|
-----Fantasy
|
-----SciFi

Can the same structure be achieved manually using Jukebox+/Aggregate Jukebox by just adding <filelink> to the existing XML files (and moving the media files to appropriate locations pointed to by <filelink>)?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +192/-53
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 11:18:21 am »
1) Aggregation is the process, and was first done using external code. Jukebox+ is the rebranding when internal code was added.

2) The process merges jukebox databases and so is only for movies.

3) Internal support was the end point in any event.

4) The only way is to create Genre Jukeboxes at the lower level, and merge them separately. So don't scan the parent, scan the genre children separately.

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 04:52:06 am »
Thanks for the first 3 answers. The fourth answer is still far too cryptic to be of use to me. I tried several hours of experimenting and I can't get what I want: I want to use the Jukebox+ mechanism while still being able to see the Genre folders when I choose "Favorites" from the main Mede8er screen.

Is the "Mede8er Aggregated Jukebox Manager" tool of any use now?

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 03:09:51 am »
After a lot of experimentation, I worked out how to do it. It can be achieved through a combination of using the Jukebox+ functionality built into Mede8er and then manually altering the following on the hierarchy of folders used to store the presentation (about.jpg etc.) information:
- Folder Structure changes
- mede8er.db changes using SQLite browser
- FavLink_USB changes in a text editor (it is a simple XML file)

However, the above process is all unnecessary. The following will do it instead:

- Use "Mede8er Aggregate Jukebox Manager" (http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,10490.0.html). The tool is good and the manual is very well written. Use it to create multiple Jukebox+ folders using this tool.

- If you download and keep local copies of trailers instead of depending on pulling it from the internet on an as-needed basis, copy/move the trailers into the appropriate folders in the Jukebox+ hierarchy.

So, answering my own question:

(4) Just use "Mede8er Aggregate Jukebox Manager" (but RTFM first)