Author Topic: New to Mede8er - Netflix  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Marius Kruger

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
New to Mede8er - Netflix
« on: June 24, 2017, 06:12:52 pm »
I got a MED450X2S Mede8er. How do i get Netflix to my Mede8er?
It is connected to the internet.
I can also use my Laptop.

Offline Laclaire

Re: New to Mede8er - Netflix
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 08:02:08 am »
I got a MED450X2S Mede8er. How to use the snorerx i get Netflix to my Mede8er?
It is connected to the internet.
I can also use my Laptop.

Good question, I'd like to get it working with Netflix too.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:23:53 am by Laclaire »

Offline CraigBotha

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 06:55:09 am »
Hi, the only way I was able to get this to work is to set up a uPnp server that can access Netlifx. I use PlayOn (https://www.playon.tv/) running on a PC. I can then access Netflix through Mede8r uPnp interface. It's still a list based view, so the easiest is to add the shows or movies that you want to watch to your list in Netflix, as this folder is always accessible (some of the other genre folders seem to change regularly). I have also had problems with episodes of some kids shows not showing, but I'm not sure if that's the media player, the uPnp server or Netflix. Hope this helps!

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +10/-1
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 04:35:25 am »
If you don't mind my saying it, the Mede8er is probably best used for locally stored media at this point in its lifecycle. Almost all of the relationships it had with these kind of services have lapsed either literally or figuratively. Fortunately Netflix is ubiquitous. Smart TVs offer it, things like FireTV and AppleTV offer it, many BD players offer it and the best device for aggregation of third-party sources, Roku, offers it for $35. All of those also make watching Netflix in 4K possible.