Author Topic: Custom Meta Tags on movies  (Read 1843 times)

Offline maetz

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Custom Meta Tags on movies
« on: April 06, 2017, 09:02:13 AM »
Hi there,

please excuse if this subject ever came up before, but I didn't find anything about it in the search...

I'm using the MED1000X3D with the latest BIOS, with a 3TB internal HDD and a 12 TB external RAID storage, which is (mostly) working fine.

Now, as I have several movies stored in the system, finding movies works better by using XML search than scrolling through. But as the XML search only uses predefined tags, it is just impossible to find each movie I could be looking for.

I have already tried to use the Jukebox/favorites feature, but as it is really challenging to permanently switch through the folders just to put in another movie, for my purposes this seems to be unhandy. But, of course, if there is a better way getting there, I am willing to learn :)

Now I wonder if there is an option available to use custom tags which are made available for the XML search tool. Any help appreciated, and - if there's nothing like that - wouldn't this be a nice little feature for a future version?  ;)

Thanks folks,
Mätz

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Re: Custom Meta Tags on movies
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 05:23:42 PM »
The code is now fixed. What is the problem with rescanning the parent folder when you add a movie?

Offline maetz

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 12:25:33 AM »
I do not have any issues with rescanning folders. It's just that I wanted to kind of categorize all my movies and therefore added several favorite folders. But as there can be only one "active" favorite folder, adding a new movie most commonly needs to adjust the favs folder. To categorize all my movies that way is just time consuming. Adding custom meta tags seems to be easier to manage, but as there are no search mechanics for that, it doesn't make any sense ;-) that's the reason why I asked for it.

For example:
If I want to look a movie from the marvel comics, such as avengers or thor, I'd like to add a searchable tag like "type" or "category" and add a meta "marvel" to the relevant films. If then using the XML search would give an additional option "search type" or "search category", I could use this for searching all custom tagged movies with "marvel". Or the same with "Bud Spencer" or whatever.

Atm I'm not sure what would be the best way other than comprehend the movies in several favs folders, but adding a movie to several folders is too many steps to make it easy...

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 07:29:46 AM »
You can have as many favourites as like. Jukebox+ is only needed to merge jukeboxes in different places. You can have as many jukeboxes as like. Create Genre parent folders, and scan each separately.