Author Topic: 600X lag via QNAP NAS  (Read 2308 times)

Offline kikkoman

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: 600X lag via QNAP NAS
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 04:00:14 pm »
So last night, I updated v3.07 to v4.02. Updated the settings for UDP 37648.

Then I moved the NAS to the game room, connected it to the same switch (Trendnet) in that room which also is connected to the Mede8er and it still stutters. Seem to stutter a little more than before which is really perplexing.

The NAS has dual LAN, but I didn't really look into how that should be setup, just plugged in 2 cat 5E cables to the switch.

Also noticed that when I tried to save the folder on NAS to my favorites, it said it did it but when I went back to favorites, it was gone. Tried a couple of times and still had the same issue.

Offline kikkoman

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: 600X lag via QNAP NAS
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 03:57:35 pm »
So I finally got the streaming to work correctly.  I somehow thought selecting the 'Network' option to find the NAS folder on the Mede8er was the way to go about it, but I was wrong.

I had to setup NFS security and permissions for guest and access on my QNap first, then from the Mede8er select the 'NFS' option and manually select the QNap's ip and correct folder structure like /SomeVol1/Movies.

Was able to stream 2D just fine and tested one 3D movie and seemed to work, tested the Captain America movie when all the Avengers were fighting since it seems to have alot happening and was fine, just one super small ms quick pause out of that 10min sequence.

So thats what I get for not following directions, but got it working, WOO HOO!

Now, I want to add the sub-directories as favorites but seems like I need to have a top root directory first.  Like /SomeVol1/MainRoot/Movies and favorite the Movies folder.

Also need to break out the movies on the NAS to probably /Movies/2D and /Movies/3D. 

Lastly, I couldn't get the NAS movies directory to show with 3 rows of movies.  It only shows 2.  But when I have a local USB HDD attached, you can see 3 rows.  I didn't see the same menu options for the two different scenarios for how the view should be.  Not sure if it's the Jukebox view or something like that.

TIA!