Author Topic: Firmware updates...  (Read 52477 times)

Offline L00ney

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Firmware updates...
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 08:04:10 PM »
Yes this is a good idea.
I love the product but feel very disappointed at the way this went down.
Since you not going to officially support it anymore, how about letting us try and create own own versions bring life back into the mede8er again....

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 09:03:48 PM »
The tools belong to the main software subcontractor. Sanji don't have them. Besides which the x2 and  x3d code uses secure boot via hardware, making it difficult to load code without the secure code builder.

Offline oscarpuhe

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 04:53:52 AM »
Of 2017 come on yet?

Offline dornair

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 05:29:39 PM »
Hi guys,

there is another twist to this story.
I just bought a brand new MED800X3D/WP-4000-KE, and I do not feel any urge to already download the latest X3D Firmware from your forum. But I am TOLD TO do so by the V3 User Manual, top of page 15.
So, am I allowed to feel a bit disappointed, now?

Anyway, the machine functions very well, at least up to now....

Thanks!

dornair

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 08:30:49 PM »
Why change firmware if your happy? You might want to know what the latest/last firmware offers later on.

Offline Wurlitzer

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 04:44:26 AM »
My MED1000X3D has been great for the 2.5 years that I've owned it.  My only issue is the lack of debounce on the remote.  If you use a Harmony, URC, or other learning remote and press any key (up, down, left, right, etc.) the player will almost always think the key was pressed two or three times.  This is unique to the Mede8er.  My TiVo, LG BluRay, Sony DVD, Panasonic TV, and Onkyo and Pioneer Receivers NEVER interpret a single key press as multiple key presses.

If that could be fixed in FW, that would be great.  It should be simple, once a key is recognized, simply lockout any further key acknowledgments for 200-300ms.  Simple debounce in the IR world.

Can this be done?  Thank you.
Not wanting to hijack this topic but I saw mention of remote bounce.  I'm also using a Harmony Ultimate to control ans X10003D.  I had this bounce issue and contacted tech support at Harmony.  They looked in to it and were able to fix it for me perfectly.  I understand they actually made the changes required just to my account setup - If anyone is interested I can go back and dig out the emails (about 2 years ago) so you can see the correspondence.  If nothing else you can try contacting the support team at Logitech and raise this issue as they can fix it (without a firmware update to the X1000 :)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 09:38:06 AM »
Not wanting to hijack this topic but I saw mention of remote bounce.  I'm also using a Harmony Ultimate to control ans X10003D.  I had this bounce issue and contacted tech support at Harmony.  They looked in to it and were able to fix it for me perfectly.  I understand they actually made the changes required just to my account setup - If anyone is interested I can go back and dig out the emails (about 2 years ago) so you can see the correspondence.  If nothing else you can try contacting the support team at Logitech and raise this issue as they can fix it (without a firmware update to the X1000 :)
So they created a stored device profile for you, which you then installed? Can't you just post the profile?

Offline Wurlitzer

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 10:10:13 AM »
So they created a stored device profile for you, which you then installed? Can't you just post the profile?
There is no access to the profiles.  The devices used by my "Media Centre" activity includes the 1000X3D. I merely select this as one one the devices in the activity and its profile is stored on the remote; key presses on the remote translate to the correct IR codes for the 1000X3D according to that profile.
In my case they advised that they adjusted the profile to prevent the skipping (bouncing), I would guess by shortening the duration of the IR transmission (?). Whether they applied that fix universally for the 1000X3D or just on the one on my remote, I'm not sure.
What I'm advising is if other Harmony Ultimate users are getting this ski then they should contact Logitech, they are very accommodating.

Offline kerveros40

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2018, 09:33:37 AM »
Can you make a Firmware patch for Jukebox upgrade? In my Mede8er's jukebox can take only 4096 movies! Can you double it plz?