Author Topic: Screen flashing when connected to projector with HDMI cable ov  (Read 885 times)

Offline vinz420

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Screen flashing when connected to projector with HDMI cable ov
« on: January 09, 2017, 09:50:34 am »
Hi all.

I have had a problem with my Mede8er for several months now.  The issue is that at random moments, the screen will black out (like when you're switching inputs) and flash back.  And at worst, the screen will flash black but when it comes back on, the screen will flash different colours and the screen is distorted completely (I'll post screenshots later).  The solution is to restart the projector (which takes about 3 minutes for the Optoma HD20 every time).

I did obviously consider that it might be the projector, and/or the HDMI cables I'm using (I'm using 2 x HDMI cables connected together by a female-to-female adaptor) but I do not experience any problems with my PS4 or my Apple TV, both of which use the same set up (through a Sony STR-DN1030 AV Receiver). I also did try a 1 x 15M HDMI Cable but my projector won't seem to read any signal for some reason.

Setup:
Optoma HD20 projector
Sony AV Receiver STR-DN1030
Mede8er 3DX1000
HDMI cables x 2

Has anyone here experienced the same problem? Can anyone suggest solutions please?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +190/-53
Re: Screen flashing when connected to projector with HDMI cable ov
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:22:00 am »
It sounds like failing HDCP handshaking. Google for "hdcp optoma", and you should get some hits. If you upgraded to a later player you would get edid handshaking issues added to the one you have now.