Author Topic: Download subtitles is not working !!! Help.  (Read 34503 times)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +190/-53
Re: Download subtitles is not working !!! Help.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2016, 01:01:22 pm »
We can't add the extra data for you. They have to loosen their search system to what it was. The api command hasn't changed.

The biggest problem is those who torrent and play, changing nothing. If needed, others can just add the year to their file names.

Offline blaze

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-14
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2016, 02:07:49 pm »
We can't add the extra data for you. They have to loosen their search system to what it was. The api command hasn't changed.

The biggest problem is those who torrent and play, changing nothing. If needed, others can just add the year to their file names.
So what are you suggesting ?
I am using 3.0.7 FW, this is my current situation.
The file I am playing is : The.Walking.Dead.S07E02.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS.mkv
when I click on subtitle search it is displayed as The Walking Dead S07E02
And with that, when I search "0" hits.   What should be changed ?  What is the format to be able to get hits
for subtitles ?
I have been using this FW for 2+ years without problems, and now I can not find any subtitles at all :(  :'(

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2016, 02:51:11 pm »
So what are you suggesting ?
I am using 3.0.7 FW, this is my current situation.
The file I am playing is : The.Walking.Dead.S07E02.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS.mkv
when I click on subtitle search it is displayed as The Walking Dead S07E02
And with that, when I search "0" hits.   What should be changed ?  What is the format to be able to get hits
for subtitles ?
I have been using this FW for 2+ years without problems, and now I can not find any subtitles at all :(  :'(

We have to  wait for opensubs to loosen the search back to  what it was.  We have got hits by adding the Release Year to  the search  term manually, as if year where in the file name.  If opensubs insist year must be present then it has to be.

Offline blaze

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2016, 03:16:44 pm »
We have to  wait for opensubs to loosen the search back to  what it was.  We have got hits by adding the Release Year to  the search  term manually, as if year where in the file name.  If opensubs insist year must be present then it has to be.
I have just installed the newest 4.0.2 FW , upgraded from 3.0.7

Still no luck, no matter if I add the year to the title or not - no subtitles are found

For "The Bigger Splash" I have managed to find 2 subtitles once, after modification, but I never could
find subtitles again :(     This is truly disappointing, I hope opensubtitles will go for a fix, or we can release a new FW because this is terrible situation.   One of the main reasons for me to grab my loved Mede8er was the online subtitle download option..... And now its gone  :'( :'(

Offline K.B.Nikto

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +19/-1
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2016, 03:23:35 pm »
Hi blaze,

May I suggest a temporary workaround while the parameter issue remains with opensubs? This requires you to download a subtitle manually and then place it in the same folder as the video file (making sure the filenames are identical), but it's worked perfectly for me every time I've needed a subtitle.

Try subscene.com & search for the exact filename you need to title. My doing this process returned a page of subs in many languages that have (supposedly) been verified to sync with the specific file you're watching. Repeating this process for other files might provide everything you need for now.

https://subscene.com/subtitles/release?q=The.Walking.Dead.S07E02.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS.mkv

KB

Offline blaze

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2016, 03:31:22 pm »
Hi blaze,

May I suggest a temporary workaround while the parameter issue remains with opensubs? This requires you to download a subtitle manually and then place it in the same folder as the video file (making sure the filenames are identical), but it's worked perfectly for me every time I've needed a subtitle.

Try subscene.com & search for the exact filename you need to title. My doing this process returned a page of subs in many languages that have (supposedly) been verified to sync with the specific file you're watching. Repeating this process for other files might provide everything you need for now.

https://subscene.com/subtitles/release?q=The.Walking.Dead.S07E02.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS.mkv

KB
Thanks man, that is no problem to find the subtitle.
I just do not want to do this all manually while our lovely player Mede8er is capable of grabbing subtitles online.
Unfortunately not at the moment, not for a week or so.      So my main concern is not that I am unable to find subtitles for my files, it is that the service is unavailable now via opensubtitles.  :'(
But thanks for the tip !

Offline Homer

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2016, 11:10:29 am »
I hope this gets resolved quickly, as a non native speaker I relay heavily on this feature (also one of the main reasons I bough the 1000X3D for every room)

Offline blaze

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 05:06:49 pm »
I hope this gets resolved quickly, as a non native speaker I relay heavily on this feature (also one of the main reasons I bough the 1000X3D for every room)
me, too.  I have upgraded to X3D_Series_V4.0.2_BETA_6April2016 FW, I even did a reset but no luck.
Can not find any subtitles :(
I have tried several files, no luck :
The.Young.Pope.S01E04.720p.HDTV.x264-FLEET
Masters.of.Sex.S04E07.720p.HDTV.x264-SVA

No matter if I try to edit the file name or not, no hits :(

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 05:11:57 pm »
This issue is the world won't stop still to keep the X3D happy. Opensubs have changed their server package and it's requesting transfers using protocols the player dosn't support, and can't. Resltek don't upgrade sdk's for 5 year old chip's. A workaround has been suggested, but it could have knock on effects no one expects. It will take time to plan, fix and test. Sanji's prime contractor no longer have engineers working on 1186 players.

Offline blaze

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2016, 06:00:12 pm »
This issue is the world won't stop still to keep the X3D happy. Opensubs have changed their server package and it's requesting transfers using protocols the player dosn't support, and can't. Resltek don't upgrade sdk's for 5 year old chip's. A workaround has been suggested, but it could have knock on effects no one expects. It will take time to plan, fix and test. Sanji's prime contractor no longer have engineers working on 1186 players.
This is sad news, jer1956.
One of the prime functions of the X3D is the online subtitles.  I really miss it.   I hope some workaround or fix can be released, fixed soon  :'( :'( :'(

Offline YyyNnn

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-12
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2016, 08:47:44 am »
HI JER1956,
so, no more subs download on mede8er ?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2016, 09:05:04 am »
It still is working for some. This is a low level issue in the cloudflare code upgrade opensubs did. They have no control over it either. It is creating unreliable transfers because it expects clients to support chunks more reliably than the old technology in the 1186. This is what happens when you have internet services, like youtube. They move on, but the player can't. We do our best to keep the old lady going, but she's on her technological zimmer frame now.

It should be pointed out easy sub download was not present when the product started. Before then people did it themselves using a PC. So you just have to get into the routine of downloading from opensubs via the web as soon as you have ripped the media itself.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:10:29 am by jer1956 »

Offline YyyNnn

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 09:30:02 am »
i know how to do it with pc, but one of the main reasons i purchase mede8er, was the downloading subs option. so this is close deal ?  no firmware will fix it ??? its very frustrating. :-\ >:(

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2016, 09:34:24 am »
It looks like a location issue. The more connections between you and an opensubs server, the more likely the chunk based transfer fails.

I have suggested we look at using a proxy on the trailer server. That dumps the maintenance issues on me, rather than expensive sub-contractors who have moved on to newer chips.  That doesn't guarantee a solution. 

Offline YyyNnn

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2016, 09:39:42 am »
but it looks like a good idea... the best tghing to do is to deliver it to your servers side, and a proxy on your trailer server, will indeed cancel the location issue