Author Topic: Where are all the mede8ers?  (Read 3495 times)

Offline vvuuren

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Where are all the mede8ers?
« on: October 03, 2016, 11:57:26 am »
Hi,

I live in South Africa and I cant find any mede8er products here all of a sudden, why, whats going on?

:'(

nenito2k

Re: Where are all the mede8ers?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 07:06:23 am »
where where you living for the past 3 years man ?! :o

these products are based on the old chip 1186 that does no longer exist....it has bee said many many time

Offline Thorgal

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 06:24:42 pm »
where where you living for the past 3 years man ?! :o

these products are based on the old chip 1186 that does no longer exist....it has bee said many many time
So where is a new chip then ? I really don't know what you're talking about. The latest multimedia chop Realtek released is still the 1186 and i dont't think they stopped peoduction because of it's age. I checked amazon all across europe, and there're still different versions of the Mede8ers X3D series on sale. Even the prices are around 10 higher compared to the original retail price.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +186/-40
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:00:28 pm »
So where is a new chip then ? I really don't know what you're talking about. The latest multimedia chop Realtek released is still the 1186 and i dont't think they stopped peoduction because of it's age. I checked amazon all across europe, and there're still different versions of the Mede8ers X3D series on sale. Even the prices are around 10 higher compared to the original retail price.

No one makes media player chips. The 1186 was a BD Player chip with networked media fatures that OEM's like Sanji pushed to the limit. Realtek have not made it for three years. Sanji have found the the odd unused box from the likes of Mele, to make handfuls at a time.  Subsequent chips have been under powered Smart Tv chips. The latests chips are Google Tv chips. The Reaktek 1295 is an uber chip, which all the drm needed to support 4k vod services. Without 4k drm, 4k is pointless, and has been with all the previous 4k chips that Med fans expected them to use.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:42:13 pm by jer1956 »

Offline Thorgal

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 01:31:45 pm »
Yeah, but the TS was talking about Mede8er products. I can still find them online on sale anywhere. Or are you out of business all of a sudden ?

I really don't see a point in 4k. Itz will teke a few years in most european countries to establish it and even then most people don't really need it. In a few years the industry will tell the same story: 4k is dated and blocky, so we have to upgrade to the superior 8k... and so on...

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +186/-40
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 03:06:16 pm »
Mede8er.eu are driving it. The fact is chips for the last three years have offered little. The chinese hardware subcontractors have used them because they needed product, dumped their products into the market.  OEM's like Sanji don't have to keep them employed to build rubbish. If they can't find a chip worth using, and profitable, they will just wait.

4K is being driven by VOD. Not everyone will get all the 4k VOD services by their 4K Smart TV. They will need an external Google TV box to do it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:17:29 pm by jer1956 »