Author Topic: Mede8er NAS shows HDD1 as USB1 and USB1 and USB2  (Read 1650 times)

Offline MrReis

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Mede8er NAS shows HDD1 as USB1 and USB1 and USB2
« on: June 22, 2016, 05:03:44 pm »
First Mede8er NAS started to show HDD1 as USB1 and USB1 and USB2. That did not bother me so much because I could still write to HDD1 (called USB1 by Mede8er) via the network.

Then, the data transfer rate (to the Mede8er) slowed - from ~5 MBs to ~0.5 MBs. That bothered me, but I could still write to HDD1 via the network although it was slow.

Now just accessing HDD1 (called USB1 by Mede8er) is very slow. It takes ~3 minutes to access the drive, another ~5 minutes to list the directories, another ~10 minutes to try to access a directory file list which fails with the following.

"Windows cannot access \\MEDE8ER\usb1\VIDEO," and
"Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose."

"See details" shows "Error code: 0x80070035, The network path was not found." 

Clicking "Diagnose" shows "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem"

Is this a know problem or do I have to figure this out for myself?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +193/-54
Re: Mede8er NAS shows HDD1 as USB1 and USB1 and USB2
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 06:33:37 pm »
Re-install the firmware using emergency install.

Offline MrReis

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 11:41:21 pm »
I re-installed the firmware using the emergency install procedure. HDD1 is still displayed as USB1 and USB1 is displayed as USB2 (on my PC over the network). I can access HDD1 and it's directories normally now (it doesn't take minutes).

However, now I cannot write to HDD1 as a NAS (SAMBA). When the write fails Windows displays a "Network Error" dialog box which states "There is a problem accessing \\Mede8er\usb1" and "Make sure you are connected to the network and try again.

BUT!, I can write to USB1 (called USB2 by Mede8er). CORRECTION - If the transfer is more than ~100 MB, then the transfer fails the same way that transfers to HDD1 fail.

Immediately after the SAMBA write failure to HDD1 I tried a FTP transfer (using FileZilla). The transfer was slower that I remember and there was a connection timeout, but the transfer finished. After the FTP transfer completed I was able to play the transferred file from the Mede8er on my PC over the network. Isn't that a SAMBA read from the Mede8er?

The Mede8er V3.0.4 update notes states "If you experience Samba network connection problems we suggest you perform a "Restore Default" in setup Menu and re-boot the Mede8er." I did the "Restore Default" in setup Menu and re-boot, but that did not solve the problem.

I definitely have a network connection to the Mede8er - I don't know why Windows says I don't for SAMBA transfers.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:09:02 am by MrReis »

Offline Karaokehaha

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 03:05:30 am »
This review is the best.