Author Topic: WHS 2011 and Mede8er 800  (Read 2819 times)

Offline danel32

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
WHS 2011 and Mede8er 800
« on: May 26, 2016, 10:51:05 AM »
Please excuse my English. That language wasn't my major in school :)

So I bought Mede8er 800 3D media player. I have in my home WHS 2011 server and GB ethernet, which streaming contents to 3 different computers. I'm big wild nature movie fan and many of them are BR rips. 50 minute episode is 13-18 GB. WHS is not bottleneck in this case- I can stream these movies to PC and even through WiFi with my laptop without any stuttering. Mede8er's playback is extremely jerky. I did jellyfish test, and seems that max, what Mede8er can play, is 50 Mbps file. Other machines can stream even 110 Mbps content.
I tried configure NFS and did also that test. Through NFS Mede8er can play max 90 Mbps file. But NFS share configuration means that I need to add one main folder to each shared HDD's, because I love when my things are under favorites, not search them from media library labyrinths :) That will be annoying for my PC's and Mac laptop, if I will browse content.
Strangest thing is, that I borrowed from friend his media player, which built from same chip, and it can play these files smoothly, which Mede8er plays jerky. So all signs show that problem lays in Mede8er. What I can to do? Is there any way improve file streaming? Is there any software update coming up, what might be solve this problem?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Re: WHS 2011 and Mede8er 800
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:47:57 AM »
Samba streaming was sacrificed to stream 3d iso via NFS. it dosn't use off the shelf Realtek settings.
Most people have no problem using the player the same way with either NFS or SMB.

Offline danel32

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 12:27:08 PM »
Honestly, it would be cool, when there are some warning about this. I bought Mede8er, and in tech manual were written- GB capability. Not that capability are only in NFS. Thank God that I have WHS, in which NFS configuration is piece of cake.

So seems that I bought wrong media player, cos I don't care about 3D at all. Also I assume that there's not choice to further fix SMB ability better or make additional choice possibility under settings? Or change software to alternative?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 02:55:59 PM »
Those who first bought the X3D did so to play 3d. it was their needs which drove the changes made..to make the X3D the best 3d streaming player it could be.