Author Topic: Audio Questions  (Read 613 times)

Offline aerialshaman

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Audio Questions
« on: April 14, 2016, 12:59:36 pm »
Is it possible to use HDMI connection for video and the component for audio? I have a tv that has really terrible speakers and I would rather output the sound to other speakers but I want to use HDMI for video. Wanted to get advice on how I would set this up and if I needed to change anything in the audio settings?

Thanks
Chad

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +171/-32
Re: Audio Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 01:11:56 pm »
You could get terrible sync issues between audio and video. Digital TV's can account for that using hdmi aidio.

Offline TonP

• Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-0
Re: Audio Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 04:27:24 pm »
My amplifier is still analogue and my TV has inferior speakers and no analogue output, so I connected the HDMI output of the Mede8er to the TV and the analogue output of the Mede8er to my amplifier.
There is a setting in the audio setup of the Mede8er called lip-sync that I set to "manual" 220 to prevent sync issues, because normally the TV image is lacking behind with the analogue audio. For you the value of 220 might be different, depending on the speed of your TV, just fiddle with it a bit.
No problem whatsoever, a perfect setup.
You have to set the audio of the TV to silent ofcourse, but since I have the same setup for my PVR, there is no issue here.