Author Topic: So!!......what's happened to mede8er?  (Read 9069 times)

Offline TsChris

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
So!!......what's happened to mede8er?
« on: March 19, 2016, 02:17:57 PM »
As the title asks, has mede8er gone Mia. I can no longer find the med1000 anywhere to buy and as for anything new it's like tumble wheat blowing in the wind.

Offline K.B.Nikto

• Helpful Contribution Status: +19/-1
Re: So!!......what's happened to mede8er?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 05:13:43 PM »
A few months back, Mede8er discontinued the 1000X3D but they are still selling the 800 and 600. There's a distributors link in the header on their main page that provides resources for finding them globally.

http://www.mede8er.com/

Offline TsChris

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »
Thanks, for the site I checked it out but couldn't find the 1000x3d in black. This may not be the best place, but what else is out there like the med but maybe better

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 08:51:03 AM »
As i pointed out in another post, the market is now split three ways, leaving little room for the likes of Mede8er.

1)Dirt Cheap. Amazon/ebay/alibaba are full of low cost h265 arm based players that run free software like Kodi.
2)Big brands. The likes of Amazon and Apple will get the bulk of sales from those with more money, and who only notice big brand advertising.
3)Do it yourself. Build one based around the Rasberry PI.

Every couple of months a new hardware platform arrives that can do the job. The latest is PC in a stick. It's impossible to plan a new product. You find a niche, "guess" how many you might sell, and before you know it, it's been filled or squeezed out of existence.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:20:35 AM by jer1956 »

voidths

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 05:12:31 PM »
First there was the Boxee, then WD Live, and now Mede8er. You won't find anything better unless you build your own. (Rasberry Pi / NUC).

Apple TV, Amazon's stuff, Roku, nVidia Shield. They all have there place, but for playing locally stored movies, none will do what the Mede8er can do without a bunch of issues, third-party software and a ton of tweaking.

The biggest thing for me is the ability to support DTS HD-Master & Dolby TrueHD and the ease of just being able to turn it on, press play and watch a movie without any problems is where the Mede8er shines.

If I didn't care about that, I'd be playing everything with my ATV. Come to think of it, I could save a ton of space by removing the hd audio from all my files...Nah, forget that!

Offline TsChris

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 08:34:08 PM »
That's the thing, I also like the simplicity of the med. all though I had experienced the latest on screen images as I have the original of original med but I like being able to turn it on go to movie wall and see it all job done.