Author Topic: End of Ripping?  (Read 22319 times)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
End of Ripping?
« on: February 26, 2016, 09:09:00 AM »
https://torrentfreak.com/dvdfab-says-no-crack-for-next-gen-blu-ray-discs-160226/

Slysoft was recently shut down, now it looks like DVDfab is going to shut down voluntarily before  huge fines arrive.  How long before MAkeMKV follows?

This is not a good time to have invested in a new product range dependent upon ripping, which  Mede8er havn't.

Offline simo76

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
Re: End of Ripping?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 12:05:46 PM »
that is sadly to hear. slysoft closed? omg  :(

Offline Bytec

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +7/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 12:10:41 PM »
AnyDVD is reborn, version 7.6.9.1 available – first release by RedFox

http://www.myce.com/news/anydvd-7-6-9-1-released-first-release-by-redfox-78747/
MED1000X3D -> DENON AVR 1611B -> SAMSUNG Plasma TV PS64F8500

Offline simo76

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 12:16:23 PM »
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-hd-7-6-9-1-released.68381/

Oh yeah! Thank you Bytec! I hope ripping will never die. Long live the ripping!  ;D If someone gets new information this is good thread to put it down.

Offline docbill

• B8a Tester - X3D Movie Scraper
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-1
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 02:51:23 AM »
https://torrentfreak.com/dvdfab-says-no-crack-for-next-gen-blu-ray-discs-160226/

Slysoft was recently shut down, now it looks like DVDfab is going to shut down voluntarily before  huge fines arrive.  How long before MAkeMKV follows?

This is not a good time to have invested in a new product range dependent upon ripping, which  Mede8er havn't.

Yeah.  My Hunger Games discs have been sitting on my desk for more than a month now.   The first one ripped fine.  The second one had so many copies of the movie, I had to google to find which was the right one.   The answer did not match my set 100% so I had to watch through the whole movie in fast forward just to make sure all the scenes where in sequence.   I know the next two movies have the same issue, so I haven't had the patients.

Ironically, what it means is movie industry will lose a lot of money.   A Netflix account is much less expensive than the few thousands dollars a year I spend on blu-rays and DVD's.   I originally started ripping, because bandwidth was strictly metered in Canada, and I simply prefer to own the movie and have it in my collection.   But if the movie industry really prefers for me to rent with streaming services at a fraction of a cost, that is what I will switch to doing...

In any case, I can't help but feel the Mede8er is dead.   I recently made the switch to a plex server.   The lack of plex support in the Mede8er makes using it much less attractive.   Now for the most part I'm watching things with my Roku 3.   I still feel like the Mede8er gives me better sound and picture.   But now it has also started crashing a occasionally, so it is only a matter of time before I find I no longer use it at all.

I would love to see a next generation Mede8er, that got all the things right that Roku got wrong.   But it seems there is just not the market anymore to support a new product.

Offline djb1203

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 10:46:56 PM »
blurays arent the only source...even if they couldnt rip blurays anymore theres still webdls, hdrips and dvdrips....   there would still be plenty of content for devices like the mede8er for quite a while..   

Offline Jonsnow

• คาสิโนออนไลน์เครดิตฟรี
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 09:39:43 AM »
Is useful information
fifa55 smartphone. And PC can join us 24 hours a day. FIFA 555 has been in service for more than 8 years. There are more than 20,000 members who trust us. We have an efficient team. Have more than 10

Offline Sleepforrst

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 04:50:59 AM »
First time to use the web. What do you recommend?