Author Topic: Unfinished Work  (Read 15609 times)

Offline rlstantn

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
Unfinished Work
« on: February 13, 2016, 08:01:02 PM »
Don't know if misleading advertising applies here or not, but either the documentation [CENSORED] (it certainly is horrible), or the claim to have a functioning jukebox capability is crap. 

Had my 800X3D for a few months and outside of issues with DIVX tags to get around, seems to play great.

Juke box - not so much.  This area is filled with non-functional community hacks, java-busted code, and 'documentation' that doesn't match my screens. 

Back in the day, I ran YAMJ with my Popcorn Hour, and at least it worked. Y2M doesn't.

Understand this kind of homebrew is fun for many, but Mede8er shouldn't advertise this as a feature, especially if it doesn't work for the 'newbies' out of the box and has no support.

voidths

Re: Unfinished Work
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:45:14 PM »
I dunno, the internal scraper works fine for me when I've used it. But I use thumbgen for all my movies and tvrenamer for series and have had zero problems with either one.

I keep playing around with Plex (I run a plex server so my parents can stream my movies) and a few other streaming programs, but those don't come close to how well Mede8er works for local content.

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 10:34:31 AM »
The Y2M application you are referring to is an old application from the time that the 500X was introduced, so very old.

Since the X3 range of players was introduced, also already more then 3 years ago, there is the internal scraper and Y2M was not actively promoted any more by Mede8er.

In stead also the X2 series were given the same Mede8er integrated scraper function.

Putting complaints about a very old tool that was never intended and created to work on the X3 series and is an very old community build is to me a bit of out of scope for Mede8er.

Ofcourse everybody is free to raise feedback, but I would not call this "unfinished work".
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline rlstantn

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 08:37:45 PM »
Sorry, folks - just trying to find the answer to getting the advertised jukebox to work for the next guy to buy one. One would think it would be obvious and relatively bullet-proof if its advertised. There are tons of links pointing to the deprecated tools which are not marked as such, and guess some of those are ancient history. The user guide with my box even points to Y2M, although some of the site documentation implies otherwise.

The internal scraper doesn't look to function for me, the documentation is sparse for troubleshooting and  many/most of the community posts have folks going to other evidently unreliable tools - Y2M/yadis/whatever.  It would be nice if the company put some effort into a current and more complete support collateral. 

As for myself, will try to dumb down the scraper attempts and keep the support treasure hunt going for a bit longer. 

Offline rlstantn

800x3d Internal Scraper Help
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 01:28:43 AM »
Have an 800X3D firmware 4.0.2.  Have 2 NAS and the internal HDD (named Mede8er) in favorites.  I successfully play from them all.  My internet connection is fine - Youtube et al work fine. My intent is to play from HDD, and just back up and archive to the NAS .

Problem is trying to get the Jukebox to work on any of them:  It works, but info, cover, thumb, etc are all defaults.  I've scanned each source drive in different attempts, but each is very slow (1-2 minutes per movie) and absolutely nothing but default info is added to each movie folder.  (I don't need them aggregated-just trying to find something that works).  The XML is written fine.  A cover is added. The DB folders in the root. But nothing but default information is in them.  Manually editing a couple of movies and rescan and the modified folders only are processed with same useless info.  For almost 1000 movies. Scraper language is english.  Manual edit/rescan shows same effect.

Spent time in other support/community forums, but became a victim of TMOI - too much old information. 

Any ideas how to get my scraper/jukebox to work?  Barring that, what are others currently doing to make this funtional?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Re: 800x3d Internal Scraper Help
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 08:47:56 AM »
If its taking so long the lack of infomation is more likely due to timeouts than a database failure at the other end. That is usually due to slow DNS becuase the default DNS server ip is the wrong value for your network. Try changing it to the routers own IP using the Manual DNS setting.

Offline d2florin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 12:00:24 PM »
Hi,

Do you mean  that on NAS server to put the IP of the router (default gateway for network ) s DNS server ?
  Also for x3d ?

thanks

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 12:11:44 PM »
No. Realtek don't use Auto DHCP to  get the DNS server setting the player uses. It's default is 127.0.0.1, and that  can create all kinds of issues for  some setups.  You have to manually change it..in the players Network Setup.

Offline d2florin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 12:55:56 PM »
OK So to understood :

1.On NAS server to Put as DNS the Ip address of the router ?

2.On Med to put DNS normally  ex Google DNS .

3. but for my receiver  ?, when it was set to use DHCP I saw that DNS ip was the routers IP , I have change  the receiver to use static IP and also the DNS I put google DNS .

This is OK ?

Thanks

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 01:03:00 PM »
No. Other devices will get the DNS server via Auto DHCP. It's only Realtek devices which  don't.  The best setting to use in the player is the router IP, as the router should have a local DNS caching proxy. You will find other devices are using that already.

Offline d2florin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 01:21:38 PM »
Ok ,
 On player i should put the router Ip adresa FOR the dns .
  And FOR other devices I can set the google Ip adress?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 01:41:11 PM »
No..the other devices will be given a DNS server by the Router. 

8.8.8.8 is used....in the player....if the routers own proxy doesn't work well.

Offline d2florin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »

1. Router has 192.168.1.1 ; DNS (ISP DNS, automatically detected  )

2.Med IP : 192.168.1.10 ,  DNS (ISP DNS) and is not working weell I put google DNS

All has static IP configured .

I hope it is OK ...

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »
No. The router should have a DNS proxy server which becuase its hosted on the router has it's IP. So all lan  devices get internet DNS via the proxy..which is also handling lan DNS. LAN also needs DNS becuase devices have both Host Names and IP's.

So  every device has a setup  which  says

Device IP
Gateway (which is the  router IP)
and
Primary DNS (which is also  the router IP)

Only the player needs intervention to set the DNS. All  the others get it via DHCP.

Offline d2florin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 02:11:47 PM »

Please tell me what is the best config .

Router >>PPoe conected ... (DNS from ISP.)

Static IP address configured on :

PC1. IP :192.168.1.10 GW 192.168.1.1 DNS ?
 MED IP : 192.168.1.11 GW 192.168.1.1 DNS ?
 NAS IP    192.168.1.12 GW 192.168.1.1 DNS ?

An example make 1000 words .

Sorry for not able to understand ///