Author Topic: Edit Rating  (Read 19630 times)

Offline sphinc70

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
Re: Edit Rating
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 09:53:29 PM »
Hi,
I tried changing all the settings as discussed, deleting and creating a new jukebox, however I still get the -0.1/10 error. Can someone point out where I am going wrong.

Offline Lancito

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-3
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 02:52:30 AM »
Hi,
I tried changing all the settings as discussed, deleting and creating a new jukebox, however I still get the -0.1/10 error. Can someone point out where I am going wrong.

Im in the exact same situation as you.  The instructions never helped me get the correct movie rating.  I also get -0.1/10 even after trying several times.  Also, the Admins in this site are not as active as they once were.  No firmware updates, no new YAMJ, no help.  Perhaps, it is time to move on to the newer players than are Android based running Kodi.

Offline elton-77

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-1
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 04:14:35 PM »
Having cleared out the Jukebox [deleted] and all the entries in the movie folders I re-scanned and all was good.

The -0.1/10 errors are now corrected.

My only issue now [new] is that within the movie description, all the apostrophe's are displayed as ' .... not sure why.  Clearly the Character Set has changed somewhere, but I have no idea where.

Any ideas please?  Just found this thread on the topic http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,16086.0.html

AV: Panasonic TX-58EX700B & SC-HTE200EBK Speakerboard, Oppo BDP-93  Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2x 3TB external HDDs  Denon  AVR3313, Monitor Audio Silver 8i & 10i  Mission 77DS & 772  SVS PB12+ Sk-Q
HiFi: Musical Fidelity X-A1, Pair X-A50, X-LP, X-Can2, X-Ray  Mission 753's  Rega Planer 3  Beyer DT990 Sony 46W5500   Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2 x 1.5TB external HDDs

Offline fruitfrog

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »
The fix I used was mostly this. Thank you !
except the field to set was : rating.source = imdb, rottentomatoes, average

Then you need to go to your Jukebox folder and delete all cached content - then rescan movies.

Correct, but doesn't ALWAYS fix this issue : wouldn't be the first time if some setting got corrupted.

So also check your settings : many people have (even when thinking it gets scraped off IMDB) the following setting :

mjb.rating.source = average

with api's changing, thus plugins not working suddenly, "average" is not the setting you want.
Make it foolproof by setting it to :

mjb.rating.source = imdb, rottentomatoes, average

This will make sure, that first IMDB is tried as a source for rating. If that fails, rottentomatoes is used as backup.. and if that ALSO fails.. only then, are other plugins/sites used to come up with an average rating.

Maybe even leave "average" out, if one plugin fails or a website is down, or an api is changed, the average of all the other ratings, might not be what you expect & seek.