Author Topic: Two Mede8er 400X. One HDD.  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Emulated

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Two Mede8er 400X. One HDD.
« on: October 05, 2015, 07:25:21 pm »
I wish to stream from my satellite receiver to two rooms using two 400X. Only one of the rooms will be using the 400X at a time. I would like to record to the HDD in my satellite and playback from the satellite receiver using the remote on the 400X.
Is this possible or is there a better way? Not to complicated as the girls have problems with remotes as it is.

Offline Emulated

Re: Two Mede8er 400X. One HDD.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:35:27 am »
Maybe I should go for another make as I notice many posts in here get no response.

Offline Nachoman

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-6
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 07:28:02 pm »
Hello. woud love to answer your question. but i really dont understand. it sounds complicated.

The 400x can stream data. thats how simple it is. It does this from a varity of products, like a NAS, a LAPTOP an PC, UB stick, USB HDD.

But it seems u want to control your receiver with the 400x remote??

IF i understand what u mean, u simply want to stream from the HDD that is in your receiver(?), with both of your 400X machines, which are in different rooms? Right?

All u have to do then is to see if that HDD can be shared in a LAN network. If so, great u can simply add that share to the 400X favorites menu and stream the video files.

it all depends:
1. if your satellite receiver is actually capable of sharing it contents on a LAN network.
2. is the video file on the HDD, saved in the correct format that the x400 can play? i.e. MKV, AVI
3. Or can u take out the HDD and attach it to the x400 with the use of an USB casing? (very clumsy way)

Most of your questions have nothing to do with the x400, because the X400 is obviously well capable of streaming content from a NAS, USB, LAPTOP, PC etc...

even if u have a second x400. both machines can stream content, from the same source, at the same time.

PROVIDED that the NAS,PC or LAPTOP is fast enough! i.e. 7200 rpm HDD or SSD.

so the real question is:

Can you share the HDD in your satellite receiver, in your home network?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 07:08:44 pm by Nachoman »
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. Denis Diderot

Offline Emulated

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 11:04:07 am »
Thank you. You appear to have grasped what I am on about. In a nutshell will I be able to record to my satellite HDD by using the 400X in the other room?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +181/-34
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 12:25:44 pm »
Your Sat box has influence on the answer...hence the previous posters long list of questions.

Offline K.B.Nikto

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +18/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 03:59:07 pm »
In a nutshell will I be able to record to my satellite HDD by using the 400X in the other room?

If you're asking if you can push a button on your 400X remote aimed at your Mede8er and cause your satellite receiver in another room to record something, the answer would be no.

Offline Nachoman

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-6
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 07:13:23 pm »
i think he still means this:

can i STREAM from my satelite reeiver HDD, with the X400, rathe rthen RECORD from it (whatever that  means, no offense)

asnwer is. we dont know.

what brand is it?
does it have ethernet socket?
does it have wireless ?
can u actually share the HDD in the satelite receiver?
what is the format of the video's on the HDD?

U have to get the manual and take a look.

we do not now things about this obscure "satellite receiver" from ourselves.

U have not told us one bit about it. except that it's a satellite receiver.
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. Denis Diderot