Author Topic: I am disappointed  (Read 18947 times)

Offline riaanstrydomza

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-2
Re: I am disappointed
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 08:23:14 AM »
foxter,

Where in Slovakia are you?  I might be able to help...

Edit...

Ok, so seeing as I never used the YouTube app on the Mede8er because of iDevices/SamsungTV/Computers; I just went and did a test on my 600X3D which is on WiFi...

Opened YouTube app, watched Tonight Show with Jimmy Kimmel and X-Files Promo right after each other, no issues whatsoever... 

I'm on Telekom broadband, wifi connected via Apple Airport...  Firmware version 4.0.2...

I would start by updating your firmware first and then checking if that solves the issue...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:52:02 AM by riaanstrydomza »

Offline foxter

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-6
    • projectik.eu
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 09:05:28 PM »
I bought 26.8.2015 Mede8er MED800X3D.
Summary:
Hardware of MED800X3D is really powerful. But software is bad and is not user friendly. SW developers made 2 updates per year .
A lot of time I fight with the player.
More video,audio and photo format is unsupported.
I must always turn off subtitles, change audio track. It is not able to remember my choice.
Youtube does not work via built in WIFI only via LAN.

Now I have SONY android TV 55w808 and I installed  Kodi - XBMC player app. Now is all video format supported. This is user friendly app.

8)

Offline nico_ras@telkomsa.net

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-3
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 06:13:20 AM »
I am also very disappointed with this player. It sounds like cr@p. The remote flips through menus two or three at a time, the music player is absolute rubbish, it is endlessly difficult to play songs of a certain category or mix of songs because the player does not read the ID tags.  :'(

Can one install JRiver or MediaMonkey, anything but this stupid Jukebox. I am planning to replace it with a external streaming player with half decent DAC, not the 90c Realtek as in this thing. Problem is that everything will be duplicated because it can also play from the NAS drive, USB, SPDIF, and Internet. I made a bad choice.  :-[

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 08:50:57 AM »
I am also very disappointed with this player. It sounds like cr@p. The remote flips through menus two or three at a time, the music player is absolute rubbish, it is endlessly difficult to play songs of a certain category or mix of songs because the player does not read the ID tags.  :'(

Can one install JRiver or MediaMonkey, anything but this stupid Jukebox. I am planning to replace it with a external streaming player with half decent DAC, not the 90c Realtek as in this thing. Problem is that everything will be duplicated because it can also play from the NAS drive, USB, SPDIF, and Internet. I made a bad choice.  :-[

Just play music this way

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,17286.0.html

Or follow the link in that to the DMR solution, which can work with Mediamonkey.

I have my player doing this most of the time now....

....but if you need to use the DAC then either you need to upgrade your surround amp, or if its quality hi fi, then something much better than any  media player, such as a hi fi quality streamer designed for the job. Those with a decent hdmi surround amp have a box full of quality 24 bit DAC's.  Its just a question of delivering quslity PCM to them from a hdmi equipped source, such as the X3D.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:17:23 AM by jer1956 »

Offline nico_ras@telkomsa.net

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-3
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »
If I shoud buy a new external DAC as you suggest what was the piont of having this the Media8er800X3D, because it has a .....? What? I could do more with my phone.... and it is an old Nokia8N not even very smart for that matter.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2016, 05:04:27 PM »
Most people already use their player with a surrround amp. A HD Audio surround amp has 24 bit DAC's.