Author Topic: Pendulum Clock Tests  (Read 3457 times)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +190/-53
Pendulum Clock Tests
« on: June 01, 2015, 09:53:56 am »
Many people use available tests for checking video  clock issues.  We have found that  the codec chip wont set the video  clock  correctly if the test is video only. This means those tests find fault when in practice no such  fault exists.

I have muxed audio into  the pendulum tests so  that  the 1186 codec sets the video  clock  correctly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkiepb6vzeothp8/Pendulum.zip?dl=0

Most people are concerned about the 23.976 clock.  If there is an issue the 23.976 pendulum test will pause/jerk  at 41 seconds.

Re the video ending before the audio. I added the audio to make the tests work using what was handy. It was from a trailer which is a minute or so longer. The test is complete once the pendulum stops swinging. The test fails if it pause/jerks before that.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:58:52 am by jer1956 »

Offline ghandar

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-1
Re: Pendulum Clock Tests
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 07:57:27 pm »
There's something wrong with these pendulum tests. The pendulum freezes half-way through, but the audio continues to play. This happens on my TV media player and the Mede8er itself. The video is also rather short for evaluating framerate issues. A longer file would be much more useful. Are there any other files like this available?