Author Topic: 2 Mede8er's and sharing hard drives  (Read 2031 times)

Offline starwarsclark

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-1
2 Mede8er's and sharing hard drives
« on: May 11, 2015, 02:29:53 PM »
Hi all, I am a long time Mede8er user but not very good at the whole networking thing. Basically I am thinking about getting another Mede8er for use upstairs but I would like to confirm before hand that I can get the new Mede8er to see the content of the hard drive & USB drives that are in/attached to the downstairs MED1000X3D as well as my NAS box and play them upstairs on a wired network.

The reason for looking at this is that I am really trying to avoid having to keep my downstairs PC on all the time that has Serviio installed that it currently used in conjunction with my upstairs LG Blu-ray player to play the films from my MED1000X3D & NAS box.

Hope that makes sense.  :)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Re: 2 Mede8er's and sharing hard drives
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 02:48:55 PM »
The NAS function in the player is not powerful  enough to  stream  to  another player.  You have a lower power source trying to stream to a low power client.  A high power source can  reduce wait states and up  the throughput to  that needed.

Offline starwarsclark

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-1
Re: 2 Mede8er's and sharing hard drives
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 03:06:31 PM »
Ok thanks for the reply, looks like the best way to do it then is to use a NAS with all of my movies on it.