Author Topic: Problem copy file from external hdd  (Read 1931 times)

Offline kanta

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Problem copy file from external hdd
« on: April 16, 2015, 12:42:48 pm »
I have 500X2 v 3.0.5 beta and since upgrade mede8er to this version I have problem with copy files from external usb hdd to device. Mede start to copy and usually don't finish the job - that is so frustrating. Is it possible to downgrade device to 3.0.4 or another way to fix this problem?

Thanks and BR

Offline mecano

Re: Problem copy file from external hdd
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 07:04:34 pm »
I know this is an old thread but i have the same problem with my MED450X2-it has a Samsung Seagate Spinpoint M9T 1.75TB hhd.When i copy  files from an external usb hdd to the device  the mede8er reboots  before finishing the job.And this happens with the V3.0.5 and the V3.0.4.I didn't have this problem with the V3.0.1 (the firmware version my 450x2 came with originally when i bought it)

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 06:37:49 pm »
You might have some filesystem problem on your 450X2 internal disk.
Just connect it by usb cable to a pc and do a check of the filesystem (windows explorer, right click on the drive letter and use tools tab do check the filesystem of the disk.
Before disconnecting the usb cable of your mede8er use the safe removal tool:

Win7, 8, 8.1 users - Safe Removal is incompatible with the linux NTFS code. Instead use Utility to Eject the Mede8er (or shared external USB drive) - USB Disk Ejector   http://quickandeasysoftware.net/software/usb-disk-ejector
Vanishing files and un-mountable partitions can occur as  a result of using Safe Removal. Those should get fixed by using slave mode, running chkdsk and removing the player using the USB Disk Ejector tool.
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline Nrador007

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 04:06:39 am »
I have been a great help, I'm having problems hdd.