Author Topic: COOLBLUE.BE no longer stocking players  (Read 34928 times)

Offline smallal

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
COOLBLUE.BE no longer stocking players
« on: April 15, 2015, 09:40:15 PM »
I popped into their shop in Antwerp the other week to pick up a MED600 for a friend here in the UK as they're much cheaper there.
I was told I'd got the last one & they weren't expecting any more any time soon.
I notice on their website ALL players are now listed as 'niet meer leverbaar' - translates to no longer available.
What a shame.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Re: COOLBLUE.BE no longer stocking players
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »
The current arm based market could come down to "last man standing" its so uneconomic. The analogy that suites Sanji better is "the tortoise and the hare", with Sanji regularly being accused of being late with models. So at some point we will have " the last man standing" , who becomes the "hare", and then Sanji will appear in the distance....hopefully.

In the mean time realtek have stopped making chips that Sanji can use their code on, and as stocks run out then so production has to stop.

What I would like to see is realtek to come to their senses, and make an 1187, basically a more powerful 1186 with a h265 codec and 4k support that uses the same SDK, and runs the same code. Rather than get into the arm dogfight they could have undermined it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 08:58:32 AM by jer1956 »

Offline smallal

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 10:12:02 AM »
It would seem that 'no longer available' was somewhat misleading as the MED600X3D is now back in stock.
Stock of the 800 is expected soon, so 'not currently available' would have been a more appropriate description.
However there's been a big price hike from this retailer, in the case of the 600 it's 30EU!

Offline smallal

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 12:24:39 AM »
Spoke too soon, once again they have no players in stock and are listing them as 'no longer available'
Supplies of the 600 must be very limited as they run out within a couple of days of getting stock in.
The 800's seem to sell-out on pre-order!

Offline Korn123

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 02:06:03 AM »
Thank you very much for the helpful information.

Offline HenryDub

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-5
COOLBLUE BE no longer stocking players
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 08:14:59 AM »
I was wondering if this can be used with a second monitor in a live face to face game with the second monitor used to show the map and tokens to the players?