Author Topic: Feedback for - V4.0.1 - 3April2015 -X3D Series (beta)  (Read 46361 times)

Offline jazzy

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-2
Re: Feedback for - V4.0.1 - 3April2015 -X3D Series (beta)
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 10:01:05 pm »
Before use 3.0.6 and it was ok with BD menus and playing chapters and time of playing.
After changing to 4,0.1 all started. And why can not brows (play) any jpg files? Neither wrong update or  bug version.
change from 3.0.6 to 4.01 as have problem with darken video when playing movies

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +190/-53
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 09:02:53 am »
Before use 3.0.6 and it was ok with BD menus and playing chapters and time of playing.
After changing to 4,0.1 all started. And why can not brows (play) any jpg files? Neither wrong update or  bug version.
change from 3.0.6 to 4.01 as have problem with darken video when playing movies

The new firmware has new brightness/contrast controls that you should try when playing a movie. Check the global media filter found on the menu, when browsing photo folders. It needs to be all, not movies.

Offline adi1

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-4
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 06:03:37 pm »
Is it possible to create subtitles with black box background

example
http://captionmax.com/structure/img/blog/subtitles_black_box.jpg

Offline asdlinux

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 10:47:03 pm »
Hello,
I am new to the Mede8er and i recently got a MED800X3D, Before i get the 800 i had (still have it) a Xtreamer SideWinder3 that what i can tell is using the same hardware platform. The Mede8er is way better in a superior way because of better firmware but there is some things i noticed that is not working. I upgraded right away to latest firmware so i don't know if this is old bugs or newly introduced.

First ... compared to the SW3, I am noticing bad sound quality when playing movies with AAC coding. Is that a bug or am i having a problem with my MED800?

Next one is about the jukebox.
It does not see new added movies when put together with multible sources.
i have done like this ...
1. first i made a folder on thr HDD called Jukebox
2. then i made it a favourite
3. i select it as the jukebox+ folder
4. i go to my samba source and add it to the jukebox+ ... it finds the movies and adds them
4 i do the same with a folder on the hdd ... it adds successful
 i can now browse my movies in the jukebox folder in favourites
if i add a new movie to my network share and go to the jukebox and skan it ... it does not search and add new movies. if i scan the folders seperat, it works. to get the combined jukebox to see the new movies i have to empty it and add the source folders again. i have to do this every time. anyone else have this problem?

thanks, sorry for my bad english

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2015, 07:24:18 am »
asdlinux

The player has evolved by adding new layers to  code which  already exists.  Scan only scans the folder its linked too..as that was the only need when it was first created.  It has no master list for jukebox+ of all  the source jukebox folders, users have to  remember that.

You can put it forward as a Feature Request.

thosti

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2015, 07:57:54 am »
Hi,
I copied some additional 3D files into an EXTRAS folder, but seems that the firmware ignores the "mvc" Trigger. Can somebody confirm?

Offline turls

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2015, 03:24:56 pm »
This was happened after some days in use (not immediate after firmwade update):
When play a movie or display a picture the Brightness value was changed to -7 (yes, negative value). It is very difficult to set it back to a normal value (25) because the screen is very dark. This was happened 3x times already. With the previous firmware was the same. I can't reproduce this, it comes randomly.
Firmware: V4.0.1
Bootloader: KIIE0402.0065
Board: 1186
All media connected via network from Synology DS212j via NFS.

I have this too.  Didn't have the issue right away either.  But in my case if I look at a picture, and then go into the menu to adjust the brightness it is locked and won't let me adjust it!  All the other settings (contrast, etc) are not locked.

When playing a movie, the brightness setting is adjustable.  Just locked in pictures so far that I've seen.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:54:28 pm by turls »

Offline asdlinux

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2015, 07:52:42 pm »
asdlinux

The player has evolved by adding new layers to  code which  already exists.  Scan only scans the folder its linked too..as that was the only need when it was first created.  It has no master list for jukebox+ of all  the source jukebox folders, users have to  remember that.

You can put it forward as a Feature Request.

So... it is then really better just to add the sources as favourites and scan them manually when adding movies?  I only have 2 sources so it is not really a big hassle for me. I do love my new 800 so i can over look that ... but you are right ... what is the point to link up more sources if they don't get scanned? It should be added as a feature request :)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2015, 08:32:41 am »
So... it is then really better just to add the sources as favourites and scan them manually when adding movies?  I only have 2 sources so it is not really a big hassle for me. I do love my new 800 so i can over look that ... but you are right ... what is the point to link up more sources if they don't get scanned? It should be added as a feature request :)

The sources don't get scanned in jukebox+, its the original  empty folder you created for jukebox+ that  does get scanned.   Some people get around this by hosting their files in "dated" folders for each group of new movies. They then scan  them  separately and add the new dated folder to jukebox+. Jukebox+ them makes them  appear to  be one jukebox.  

Once you know that  you reset and recreate jukebox+ it dosnt take that long.  Adding the code to  register the sources and scan  them would take longer......

Offline ghandar

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-1
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2015, 01:01:30 am »
What the problem with dark picture (brightness decrease) in images? Is it fixed?

Can somebody explain this? Does this mean when we view images they display darker by default than they should?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2015, 08:38:12 am »
Can somebody explain this? Does this mean when we view images they display darker by default than they should?

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,15841.msg103515.html#msg103515

Offline hcastro

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2015, 05:02:56 pm »
hi guys! Please help me on solving some problems. Today I finally updated my MED600X3D from version V1.0.3 to V4.0.1.

I first installed V2.0.0 then V3.0.1 and finally V4.0.1.

Now I have some problems.

1) The system can not open some movies (avi) anymore. It says that it does not support file, but I already saw this movie in old version.
2) When I open pictures, they are very dark. I read that you also have same problems.
3) When opening some folders, it looks like system crashed and started again. I solved this problem myself by deleting the favorite folder name and manually search for it again and made new favorite folder. Then system could open it again.

I think I want to go bank to version V1.0.3 again. How can I go back to "factory settings"?

Or can you please help me solve this issues? I do not have high knowledge of the system. Just a beginner!

Thanks a lot

Hernan

Offline m3dmer3er3r_4

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +10/-9
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2015, 06:55:20 pm »
1) The system can not open some movies (avi) anymore. It says that it does not support file, but I already saw this movie in old version.

there is no longer support for divx codec..
If your problem is that. You should look at this topic
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,10726.0.html

Offline Ronaldk

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +7/-1
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 06:08:52 am »
Using this firmware and updating with 3D bubble skin and custom background image I have overlayed text (appears to be from the default skin) on the homescreen. (About 5 light blue text lines interspaced equaly as a column not relevant to the 3D bubble skin).

The latter skin combination was not a problem in firmware 3.0.7 and the problem is also not present when I use restore config from an older version 4.0.1. (However restore config causes the black screen when using slide view of pictures and therefore not a workable solution for me).
Mede8ers: MED600x3D, MED450X2, MED500X
Amplifier: Pioneer SC-LX57
TVs: LG 55LA6210, Samsung UA40EH5300, Sony 46"
Network devices: Netgear gigabit switches, WD MyBookLive, Windows 8.1 PC with drive bender for file serving via Samba.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2015, 07:54:53 am »
Using this firmware and updating with 3D bubble skin and custom background image I have overlayed text (appears to be from the default skin) on the homescreen. (About 5 light blue text lines interspaced equaly as a column not relevant to the 3D bubble skin).

The latter skin combination was not a problem in firmware 3.0.7 and the problem is also not present when I use restore config from an older version 4.0.1. (However restore config causes the black screen when using slide view of pictures and therefore not a workable solution for me).

Turn off Home Screen Text. You will have that setting as off in your stored config....