Author Topic: Where can Mede8er go from where we/you currently are from here?  (Read 13909 times)

Offline Mediaeater79

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
Where can Mede8er go from where we/you currently are from here?
« on: January 02, 2015, 12:04:10 AM »
I have been a long time user of the Mede8er and have tried and tested a plethora of media players/streamers, and I have always stuck with (and had/have) a mede8er, I simply think it is the best media player/streamer on the market.

With all that said, we already have:
Compatibility playback of almost every damn file known to man, including their various audio streams
Network streaming from Nas, Pc, etc....
Social Media of various forms
Movie and Music Jukeboxes
Skins, with more to come
Scraper, with more to come
You Tube
Web Browser
Sleep Timer.... I had to mention it, the wife always nagged when I fell asleep watching stuff
Support for 4tb drives
Watched indicator
Internet Radio
Photo slide show
Backlit remotes
Community made net api remotes for iOS.... and finally android.... though Android ones need some work, they are there and will improve with our feedback
Regular updates for firmware and features
A community of ideas and advice from your users to yourselves and each other
Trailers now too, bloody trailers, now that is great.... just watched one for the 7th voyage of sinbad ;)
etc....

All that's missing is:
An official made Android and iOS apps (If you do, make the android one first just for a change since iOS users always seem to get the good stuff first ;) Joking btw before anyone jumps in )
4k - not that I need it and I imagine it'll be a while before a budget 4K realtek chip is released
games - though I imagine android software would be needed for these
on demand services (for uk bbci player, 4 on demand, 5 on demand, itv player, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc....)
Some form of freeview/freesat (or both) with recording features

I think that's about it, as if the above missing things could be added it would make this player the ultimate in home entertainment.... bar streaming games from pc to the tv.... though I guess that might be going a bit too far.
Also not saying it isn't already,  as the player is fantastic!!!!

So, where would you go from here to developing a new mede8er player?
Since as it stands, it's about as good as I see it being without a major overhaul, ditching realtek maybe and obviously the price would go up if you went too mad. Though I'd gladly pay £200 if it included everything above, and whatever I haven't thought of.

Thanks for such a great player and Happy New Year.

tris
Mede8er 400X2 | Mede8er 600X3D | Mede8er 400X2S