Author Topic: "Add to Jukebox" Missing  (Read 3733 times)

Offline exceptionalht

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
"Add to Jukebox" Missing
« on: January 07, 2015, 09:52:14 PM »
FYI, I've updated my 800X3D to version 4.0.0. I have a folder that was added to Favorites and it's a aggregate jukebox. The Jukebox View is ON in the settings menu.

Typically when I add a new movie (.iso in it's own folder), I go to the directory that contains the movie folder via the Media Library. I then highlight the folder and press the Menu button, then select "Scan Folder" and it adds all the meta data.

If I recall correctly, I would then press the Menu button again over the same directory and press "Add to Jukebox".
Well, "Add to Jukebox:" is not listed.

Can anyone help? Did something change from the firmware update?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Re: "Add to Jukebox" Missing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 10:10:51 PM »
FYI, I've updated my 800X3D to version 4.0.0. I have a folder that was added to Favorites and it's a aggregate jukebox. The Jukebox View is ON in the settings menu.

Typically when I add a new movie (.iso in it's own folder), I go to the directory that contains the movie folder via the Media Library. I then highlight the folder and press the Menu button, then select "Scan Folder" and it adds all the meta data.

If I recall correctly, I would then press the Menu button again over the same directory and press "Add to Jukebox".
Well, "Add to Jukebox:" is not listed.

Can anyone help? Did something change from the firmware update?

Is Aggregate Folder back on the Favourites Menu?

Offline exceptionalht

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 10:42:26 PM »
The folder in my Favourites for my movies has the "Jukebox+" icon with the filmstrip. So based on this, the answer is yes.

The Jukebox+ metadata is stored in in the 800X3D hard driver in a folder called "Data". I noticed my Jukebox+ folder, there is a movie called "Data". So it seems like the 800X3D tried to scape the root directory for the metadata.

Offline exceptionalht

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 11:43:22 PM »
Well, I deleted all my Favourites folder and re-added the folder to Favourites and then selected "Aggregate Jukebox". After that, it's fixed!

However, I still have the issue of the root Jukebox+  folder showing up as a movie.
The jukebox+ metadata folder is located in "HDD/(C:)/Movies/data" folder.
So I selected the Movies folder (that contains the "data" folder) and added it to Favorites. I did this such that  in Favorites, the Jukebox+ icon name is "Movies" and not "data"
The problem now is that "data" is showing up as movie (shown a folder icon) in the Favourites view. I cannot remove it. Any ideas?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 08:03:45 AM »
You have aggregated on top of a source jukebox. The host folder for jukebox+ should be a virgin folder away from any source jukebox.

Reset jukebox+ and start again with a vigin folder.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:22:18 AM by jer1956 »

Offline exceptionalht

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 09:33:35 PM »

I'm assuming you mean the "data" folder is a source jukebox? Can you explain what a "source jukebox" is?

When I create a virgin folder, should I delete my Movies/data folder?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 10:09:19 PM »
A source jukebox is a scanned parent full of movie folders.

Jukebox+ is an aggregation of such jukeboxes, and so  the starting point is not a jukebox,  but a  folder.

If the starting point was a jukebox it would say  specify the first jukebox.