Author Topic: Firmware Update Problem, might be bricked PLEASE HELP  (Read 2268 times)

Offline deewan

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Firmware Update Problem, might be bricked PLEASE HELP
« on: December 25, 2014, 03:43:53 am »
I bought a second Mede8er 600X3D.  The first is down in my theater and I enjoy it so much I thought I would buy one for my living room.

When I hooked up the player tonight, I noticed it had firmware 1.07 installed.  So I downloaded the newest firmware (3.0.7 I believe) onto a thumb drive, plugged  the thumb driver and selected the "Update from USB" option before remembering that is not the process I normally use to update the firmware.  5-10 minutes passed and the player only displayed a black screen with a "Mode Note Supported" message.  I waited another 10 minutes, nothing changed.  I hit the off button and now using even the Emergency Recovery Procedure I can't get anything to display except the "Mode Not Support" message.

Any ideas what I should do to troubleshoot?  The player is currently going through the Emergency Recovery Procedure but the blue light hasn't blinked.  The USB driver has the latest firmware and does seem to be 'seen' by the player.  But after 20-30 minutes, nothing.   ??? ???

Offline inikad

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +10/-0
Re: Firmware Update Problem, might be bricked PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 06:12:17 am »
When your previous firmware is older than 2.0 version, you have to update the bootloader first and only after the firmware. Bootloader can be dowloaded on the same page where you found the 3.0.7 firmware (find step1 in the message).

Use the emergency procedure to update both of them:

Emergency Procedure

-Use a USB Stick that is formatted fat32 in Windows PC.
-UnZIP or UnRAR and will find one file named install.img.
-Copy this file to the root directory of a Flash Drive.
-Plug the flash drive into the Mede8er.
-Unplug the power to the X3D.
-Plug the power jack back in and then hold the ON/OFF button on the Mede8er (not the remote) down for 15sec and then release.
-After the firmware has been checked (+-5-10sec) it will start to update.
-You will see the update progress on your TV.  
-Do not remove power during the Firmware Update procedure .

Offline deewan

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 11:01:24 am »
When your previous firmware is older than 2.0 version, you have to update the bootloader first and only after the firmware. Bootloader can be dowloaded on the same page where you found the 3.0.7 firmware (find step1 in the message).

Use the emergency procedure to update both of them:

Thanks, I was curious about that and started downloading the boot loader right before I went to bed last night.  I will try that first.  When I bought my first 600X3D it already had 2.x firmware installed so I never had to worry about the bootloader.

Many thanks!!!

Offline deewan

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 12:42:16 pm »
Thanks again.  This resolved my issue and I also now have the latest firmware installed!!