Author Topic: PC connection to 400x2s  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Krieghawk

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
PC connection to 400x2s
« on: October 30, 2014, 06:15:11 pm »
hello Forum

Setup:

All wired Network Connection

Pc to Switch(100 MBPS Each Port accoring to spec.)

Switch to : Router
                   DigiBox(Digital TV/recorder)
                   GameConsole
                   Mede8ter 400x2s (3.0 Firmware)
                   PC

Mede8ter to : Router
                        Mybook 3.0 Usb 4TB

Now problem is that when i Transfer my Movie's from my PC To the Harddrive it has a max transfer rate of 5MBPS.
U can imagin that when i want to transfer 200 GB to my Hard drive it can take a very long time.

Why don't i connect my Hard drive to My PC when i want to transfer?  well To prevent moving damage.

Possible Problem is that one of the Device's thats connected to the switch is slowing down the transfer because one of the Device's has a Max transfer rate of  5MBPS.

So my qeustion is Is this possible? and what can i do about it?
And how can i change my set up for Faster connection?

Thx for ur attention

Greetings

jimmy

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +193/-54
Re: PC connection to 400x2s
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 06:53:39 pm »
5 mb/s is about right for the 1185 over a 100 Mbit network.

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 07:09:01 pm »
The solution is very simple:
- when you have to copy large amounts, like 200GB in one go: connect that usb drive to your pc and copy them onto it. That is the nice thing with an external drive.
- when you transfer smaller amounts you do it over the network (e.g. to add one movie).
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline Krieghawk

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 09:03:30 am »
The solution is very simple:
- when you have to copy large amounts, like 200GB in one go: connect that usb drive to your pc and copy them onto it. That is the nice thing with an external drive.
- when you transfer smaller amounts you do it over the network (e.g. to add one movie).

i am happy that u posted a reply but i said i don't want to do this since my My book is built in my instalation and take's a while to remove and move to my PC..and its always easy to have the lion king running for the kids and still transfer movies but thx again. :-)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +193/-54
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 03:52:51 pm »
Sorry....no yet had enough coffee to wake up :D

You could consider using a powerful router as a simple nas , with it hosting the USB drive. I will check the USB host figures for my nighthawk Ac1900.

I have attached my usb 2.0 drive to  the usb 3.0 socket  on the front of the nighthawk router.  It was immediately made avaialable on the PC as the device Readyshare.

I am currently copying at 15.5 mb/s via  my 5 Ghz  Wi-Fi link from  my pc. I would hope a usb 3.0 drive would be  faster. This is down to the very powerful arm  dual core CPU in that router, which is why I suggested it. Using a router with no more CPU power than the 1185 would be of no benefit.

I just tried connecting an X3d in usb 3.0 slave mode to  the router, but it fails to  recognise it as a USB drive.  

Offline Krieghawk

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 11:09:46 am »
thx that was the answer that i was looking for...

iv tryd to transfer the movie's when connecting to the PC with USB and someting when wrong and lost all 597 HD movie's i was collecting so