Author Topic: Jukebox subfolder with special icon  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Cockeye_66

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Jukebox subfolder with special icon
« on: August 31, 2014, 08:59:41 pm »
I become desperate! Despite of Google and forum search I do not come to a solution. What I want to do is:

a)   creating 2 Jukebox+ folder (with a personalized icon) -> it works
b)   for each Jukebox+ creating several sub-folder (each with a personalized icon too) -> does not work

For example:
Jukebox 1 folder: Movies for children (with a suitable icon)
-> herein: sub-folder “A-F” (with own icon) / subfolder “G-L” (with own icon) / and so on…

Jukebox 2 folder: All other movies
-> herein: as above (A-F, G-L,…) plus several additional folder (for ex. “James Bond series”), each folder with his own icon.

I managed to create those two Jukebox folder, with each sub-folder. BUT: For the SUB-folder, I´m not able to create a personalized icon  :'(. That means that all sub-folder only comes with the boring blue standard folder symbol…

NAS structure:  In the root directory every film has a separate folder, named by title.

I also tried to create the same structure on my NAS, I want to have at my Jukeboxes. But this failed too…
Is my target not possible in general?

Thanks for your help and ideas!

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +190/-53
Re: Jukebox subfolder with special icon
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:56:41 am »
Your objectives are not supported by Jukebox, nor jukebox+.

You actually only need scraped,  un-scanned, Media Library folders.  Only the Favourite link to  the parent folder supports Genre Icons via the Favourites Menu.  After that  you  are connected to Media Library, and that is driven  by scrape information / imagary.  Its possible to use scrape without ending up  with a flat jukebox display  by deleting the mede8er.db file via samba.  You  will have to create your own saga graphics for each  saga parent, as the scrapers will only create it for each child movies folder. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:59:19 am by jer1956 »

Offline Cockeye_66

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:33:26 am »
Thanks for your answer. But the way, by deleting the data base via samba sounds too complicated (for me) and – if I understood right - will lead to additional work.

What a pity. This would be a nice feature for the standard user…

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +190/-53
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 11:38:18 am »
Thanks for your answer. But the way, by deleting the data base via samba sounds too complicated (for me) and – if I understood right - will lead to additional work.

What a pity. This would be a nice feature for the standard user…

Scraping is easy is you have a player with the internal scraper.  If you leave Jukebox View  "Off" any Favourite Link will  not trigger Jukebox, leaving you  with nested folders. 

Offline Cockeye_66

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 05:31:44 pm »
Yes, you are right. But than I do not have the transparency of the icons which looks much better from my point of view.
And I do not have the advantage of the functionality of the Jukebox and do not have a wallpaper with 3 rows.
I know, it´s an optical aspect only...