Author Topic: Issue with playing movies / yadis  (Read 31293 times)

Offline auburnu008

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Issue with playing movies / yadis
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 03:57:46 AM »
I still have not figured this out. I will gladly pay someone to help me get this setup. I have literally tried everything and just cant spend anymore time with it. Seriously, I will paypal anyone $50 if you can help me.

Offline Mr Eric

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »
let's try to help you...

go there

select your first drive e:\media 1\mkv files, clic edit.

1. "type" should be "movies"
2. folder, use the icon to browse your folders. DON'T USE MAPPED DRIVES (e:, f: or whatever) that you will find under "my computer"but instead in the explorer window use "Network" to find your PC and then your Media 1/MKV Files folder. Select the appropriate folder
3. the dune path just below should automatically be populated with a path like this smb://(your PC IP or name)/Media 1/MKV Files. Just leave it as is if you don't have any password/login to access your PC, if you use one edit manually the path to have this kind of path smb://login: password@(your PC IP or name)/Media 1/MKV Files
4. process all your movies (or at least one that you know is located in /Media 1, just for a test) so that the new path is applied.
5. run yadis2mede8er and test the file you just processed in yadis. If it's working do the same thing for the other drives.

This is of course assuming that your files are already shared in Windows (left clic on a folder/share with...)
Yadis beta team member

Offline Mike42

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-1
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 02:40:06 PM »
whate type of mede8er do you own ? You could concider using the build in scraping tool !

mike42
Mede8er : MED1000X3D
Network: Wired CAT5
NAS: WDMyCloud 4TB, streaming true NFS
Tv: Samsung LE32B650T2WXXN, LCD, HD TV
AV receiver: Onkyo TX-NR414
additional equipment:
- Switch sitecom N118 (MED, Onkyo receiver,PS3)
- Samsung galaxy Tab-3 10.1", android 4.2, max resultion 1280x800

Offline auburnu008

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 04:45:11 AM »
let's try to help you...

go there

select your first drive e:\media 1\mkv files, clic edit.

1. "type" should be "movies"
2. folder, use the icon to browse your folders. DON'T USE MAPPED DRIVES (e:, f: or whatever) that you will find under "my computer"but instead in the explorer window use "Network" to find your PC and then your Media 1/MKV Files folder. Select the appropriate folder
3. the dune path just below should automatically be populated with a path like this smb://(your PC IP or name)/Media 1/MKV Files. Just leave it as is if you don't have any password/login to access your PC, if you use one edit manually the path to have this kind of path smb://login: password@(your PC IP or name)/Media 1/MKV Files
4. process all your movies (or at least one that you know is located in /Media 1, just for a test) so that the new path is applied.
5. run yadis2mede8er and test the file you just processed in yadis. If it's working do the same thing for the other drives.

This is of course assuming that your files are already shared in Windows (left clic on a folder/share with...)

Thanks Mr. Eric.I really appreciate your help. I changed the path in Yadis to populate from the network and unfortunately it still doesn't work. When I add the new folder to favorites and scan it the background and covers all display correctly on the TV. When I hit play the movie does not launch so the path is still not right somewhere. I made sure the movie folder was being shared by everyone and it is. I attached pictures of everything below.

Offline auburnu008

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 04:47:14 AM »
By the way, D:/My Movies is the file I am sharing and added to favorites on the Mede8er.

Offline Mr Eric

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 08:33:26 AM »
there's obviously a problem in your path; you shouldn't have fe80:8....blablabla as server name (this looks like an IPV6 adress). Change manually the path in yadis to smb://Media 1/MKV Files3  (don't know if it's really Media 1 you use, so just use the corretc one). Again if you are using a password/login to access this share, you need to add it manually to the path.
Yadis beta team member

Offline auburnu008

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 09:22:52 PM »
Thanks again for your help Mr. Eric. I really, really appreciate it.

I changed the path in yadis to the following and it still isn't the correct path. I tied it both ways as seen below. One way with choosing the folder through the network and the other way just choosing the folder through my computer. I tested them seperately. I just included both paths below to show you how I did it each way.

The odd thing is I can go into "Media Library, Network, WORKGROUP, My PC, MKV Files 3" and the movies launch fine from there. The issue is I have 3 drives with movies in them and I want them all to share the same folder in "Favorites" on the Mede8er. I also want to keep yadis because I love the control over artwork. I just desperately need to find the correct path in yadis for my drives!

BTW, Here is what the folder structure looks like through the mede8er:

This is all of the shared files:

This is all of the movies in the 3rd drive:

When I click on a movie this is the next screen. Movies play from this screen.

This is the "My Movies" folder I am trying to merge them into.

Once a movie is click on this is what shows up.

Not sure if any of the paths in the pictures can help determine the correct path that needs be in yadis but I thought I would include it anyway.

Offline Mr Eric

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2014, 09:39:51 AM »
unfortunately i can't help on mede8er and yadis2mede8er, and it seems to be a problem with yadis2mede8er as everything in yadis looks OK :(
Yadis beta team member

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2014, 09:46:09 AM »
Thanks again for your help Mr. Eric. I really, really appreciate it.

I changed the path in yadis to the following and it still isn't the correct path. I tied it both ways as seen below. One way with choosing the folder through the network and the other way just choosing the folder through my computer. I tested them seperately. I just included both paths below to show you how I did it each way.

Not sure if any of the paths in the pictures can help determine the correct path that needs be in yadis but I thought I would include it anyway.

When  you where advised that  your links where IPV6, it was implied they  should be changed to IPv4, not to Local Storage.

How did you  find the ipv6 links you first used?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:12:03 AM by jer1956 »

Offline auburnu008

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2014, 05:37:41 PM »
Here is how I got the IPV6 links.

And this is what the path looks like:

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 08:54:46 PM »
This is one area where things wont get done easily....redirecting local  storage to make it network  storage for the player to use. Check  your Lan interface details in Network and Sharing center, and look  for the ip4 IP for the PC in Network Details. Then manually edit the smb link in Yadis.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:00:50 PM by jer1956 »

Offline auburnu008

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
Tahnks for your help jer1956. Is this what you mean?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 09:01:49 PM »
That is the  routers own IP...your pc has its own. Try hovering over the pc icon on that  display. 

Offline auburnu008

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
I just tried this. Not sure if that is what you meant. It did not work though.

Offline auburnu008

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 09:09:29 PM »
THAT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Please PM me your email address. I am going to send you a small thank you via paypal.