Author Topic: Rotten Tomatoes Rating and MPAA rating  (Read 4170 times)

Offline matchorno

• B8a Tester - X3D Movie Scraper
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +5/-1
Rotten Tomatoes Rating and MPAA rating
« on: August 16, 2014, 10:13:44 pm »
Just wondering if there's an easy way to get Rotten Tomatoes ratings instead of imdb scores.  I think i remember seeing an option for this before, but could never get it to work.  I used Y2M a long time ago, but ran into all kinds of problems and errors.  Plus I don't like the built in templates.  So I've been using Yadis which has some beautiful templates.  It's also much simpler to use.

I also like that YADIS shows the mpaa rating of the movie.  Though I've been having problems with this feature not showing up lately.

Even with the lack of a nice template, i'd be willing to switch to Y2M if it meant I could get Rotten Tomatoes ratings instead of IMDB.

So...does anyone know if there's an easy way to do this?

Also can Y2M show mpaa ratings?

Thanks.

Offline mikek

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
Re: Rotten Tomatoes Rating and MPAA rating
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 01:16:18 am »
I'm new but I am trying to get it to work.  There is an option to enable Rotten Tomatoes and I see the rating in the XML.  Currently the rating shows up as and average of IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.  I am trying to get only Rotten Tomatoes.

Both IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes show up in the XML

Offline ZzBloopzZ

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 04:09:33 pm »
Ever figure out how to do this? I would also like Rotten reviews over IMDB.

Offline OldskoolOrion

• Helpful Contribution Status: +7/-0
  • I like Pi !
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 11:53:45 pm »

mjb.enableRottenTomatoes = True
mjb.rating.source = rottentomatoes

-> rating from rottentomatoes, also possible to combine it as : mjb.rating.source = rottentomatoes, imdb
-> combined it first checks rottentomatoes : if not succesful for whatever reason it falls back to imdb.

-> you can finetune the rating coming from rottentomatoes with (first one found on RT.com will be used) :

mjb.rottentomatoes.priority = critics_score, audience_score, critics_rating, audience_rating

imdb.getCertificationFromMPAA = True

-> actual info with this property : "This property specifies that you wish to get the certification of the movie from the MPAA rather than another source." If set to false, it will get the value from (the preferred country site of) IMDB.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:01:56 am by OldskoolOrion »
Alphamale on betablockers !

Offline Treken

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 01:50:32 pm »
This did not work for me...

Offline OldskoolOrion

• Helpful Contribution Status: +7/-0
  • I like Pi !
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 02:10:34 pm »
When you add a complete new movie, which never has been in your jukebox before, so that there can be no old files, etc screwing things up :are you missing only the score or is more missing in the end result ?

Plz try, make screenshot - any movie will do - fake it :)

Are there new weird error messages in your log files ?

You double checked all settings ? properties folder and also the moviejukebox-Mede8er.properties ?
Alphamale on betablockers !

Offline Treken

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 04:42:27 am »
When you add a complete new movie, which never has been in your jukebox before, so that there can be no old files, etc screwing things up :are you missing only the score or is more missing in the end result ?

Plz try, make screenshot - any movie will do - fake it :)

Are there new weird error messages in your log files ?

You double checked all settings ? properties folder and also the moviejukebox-Mede8er.properties ?

Yes I have and even restarted program afterwards. Also I do not see others saying it worked. Still think it has something to do with new IMDB settings since they changed format.

Are you still getting the right ratings?...