Author Topic: Streaming over wifi advice  (Read 2013 times)

Offline AdrianH

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
Streaming over wifi advice
« on: May 17, 2014, 09:27:37 pm »
I have a MED500X2 with external usb drive and internal drive my lounge connected by ethernet to network with NAS enabled.  I then have a MED450X2S in my bedroom connected to network with Wifi-N. This allows me to stream from the MED500X2's drives to my MED450X2S and works well most of the time. Every now and again I get some stuttering while streaming movies that are 720p 5mbps+.  It happens when streaming over wifi from both the usb or internal drive connected to my MED500X2. The same files play fine directly on the MED500X2.

Anybody have some advice or insight into this?

UPDATE: A reboot to my router and extender seemed to have solved the issue.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Bytec

• X3D Skin Designer
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +7/-0
Re: Streaming over wifi advice
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:43:35 am »
My advice on streaming over Wi-Fi is don't do it. Get a wired network for your player.
MED1000X3D -> DENON AVR 1611B -> SAMSUNG Plasma TV PS64F8500

Offline AdrianH

• B8a Tester - X2
Re:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 09:08:49 am »
It looks like I will have to make a plan and pull a cable through. From what I can see, the issue is due to the link strength between the router and the extender. I think its not strong enough to handle the bandwidth needed.

Offline AdrianH

• B8a Tester - X2
Re:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 06:40:49 pm »
UPDATE: It turns out the reason I was struggling trying to play over wifi was because my MED was connecting to my wireless range  extender (which was in the same room and therefore had a strong signal), and the extender seems not to be able to handle the through-put back to my main wireless router.