Author Topic: MED400X2 3.0.2 lock-up during folder scan  (Read 1102 times)

Offline maxzoom

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
MED400X2 3.0.2 lock-up during folder scan
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:48:21 pm »
My box is only new and the firmware is as shipped.
My movie files are all accessed over a gigabit network from a Synology DS414 and I have a 120Mbit internet connection. The DS414 is the DHCP server. There are two Wi-Fi access points and several PCs and a GoFlex Home connected to the network. I have set each network share as a favourites folder, the MED400X2 has read/write permissions to all relevant DS414 shares.
Each 'movie' is in an individual folder. When I perform a folder scan on the favourite the scan may hang on any 'movie' sometimes after 10 'movies' sometimes after a couple of hundred 'movies'.
Each 'movie' takes 2-3 seconds to process correctly, when hung it stays on one movie for several hours until I force a power down. During any scan the MED400X2 does not respond to any keypresses on the remote. Pressing the on/off button shuts down the box when in the hung condition. Repeating the folder scan picks up on the problem movie and is successful until the problem re-occurs on another movie or the folder scan completes.

Is this a known problem?
Has anyone a suggestion of how to avoid this?

Many Thanks
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:45:16 pm by maxzoom »
Product & firmware version: Mede8er MED400X2 v3.0.2
Audio: Optical output > Philips DVD Home Cinema
Audio setting: SPDIF Passthrough / Night mode OFF
Video: HDMI output > Samsung 46" LED TV-46C5100
Video setting: 1080p 50Hz,24Hz ON,16:9
Media Source: Wired Network > Synology DS414 NAS shares

Offline deadmonkey

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
Re: MED400X2 3.0.2 lock-up during folder scan
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 11:45:21 am »
Just to say two years have passed and I'm having the same symptom on a scan on one of my three med600 boxes. 

I've tried two different USB drives, one brand new and have updated to the latest firmware.

I have also put these symptoms in another post and am not anticipating resolution, just wanted to back up what you had said.