Author Topic: Add Cue/flac to Music Jukebox XML  (Read 19992 times)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Add Cue/flac to Music Jukebox XML
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:35:08 AM »
If you  use Tagscanner to  scan cue based folders it only finds the linked flac/wav, and the Jukebox doesn't use the cue.

On TestFTP there is a "prototype" Cue Jukebox which  shows what can  be done if this can be corrected using post processing.

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,8742.0.html

The file is "Cue Jukebox.rar"

The post processing would do  as follows;-

1)Check  the tracklist output from Tagscanner for albums with a single flac/wav.

2)Go  to  those folders and check  for  a cue file.

3)If a cue exists, use that  to  create new cue files, one for  each  track in the cue file.  Give each  the name of a track, and move all preceding track entries in the cue to  the  end of the cue file (see prototype example). The File Entry line in each cue should point to  the same flac/wav. You don't need multiple copies of the same flac/wav!

4)Modify the tracklist.xml and convert the single flac/wav entry for the album to a multiple cue file entry instead. (see prototype).  

The Jukebox can then  be scanned as normal, and the modified tracklist will create a jukebox using the multiple cue files, and not the single flac/wav.  

In testing the prototype I have found 2 things:-
1)The x2 won't play cue....and can't run the prototype.
2)The x3d has a horrible cue track change stutter the x2 does not have..even when using cue normally.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:41:08 PM by jer1956 »

Offline Mafalda

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +12/-1
Re: Add Cue/flac to Music Jukebox XML
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 11:35:56 PM »

In testing the prototype I have found 2 things:
1)The x2 won't play cue....and can't run the prototype.

Hi jer1956!

I tested your "prototype" on my MED400X2S with V 3.0.1 Beta.

-  I put the "Cue Jukebox" folder in the root of a fresh formatted usb stick;
  -  I added "Cue Jukebox" folder to Favourites;
  -  I executed scan folder and I rebuilt the music database ("Music.db" file), required to have JukeBox function;
  -  "JukeBox View" was already enabled.

So I was able to see all the tracks in "JukeBox View", browse them, by Author, Album, Genre, Year (Music Search function) and play them in sequence or separately.

Many thanks.
Mafalda
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:51:51 PM by Mafalda »

Offline Mafalda

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 07:28:11 PM »

Hi jer1956!

I make some clarifications regarding your "prototype".

The first track can not play because there is a difference between the first cue file name:

"01 - Babylon Sisters.cue"

and its name written inside the xml file:

"<filename> 01 - Babylon Sister.cue </ filename>".

After that I adjusted it, I rebuilt the music database ("Music.db" file) by scanning the folder again, everything worked fine.

I did another test. I created a playlist.
It does not work because the Music Player tries to play the cue file directly and not the flac file to which it is connected.
It is clear that, through a playlist, the Music Player does not understand that the cue file is just a text file that points to another file.

Best regards,
Mafalda

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 07:34:43 PM »
You have an x2 and cue didn't work by accident with that code, using jukebox.  I hope we can progress the x3d and then transfer it to the the x2. But that depends on SAnji to try it...

Offline Flying_high

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »
If you want to do this for all your albums, i'll have to manually modify the tracklist.xml in the root of my music folder, right?

So, if i add music with Tagscanner, i have to export the tracklist.xml again and it will lose all of the modifications i made.

I do see the benefit and am convinced that this is the way to get gapless playback working properly but with 1500 albums, this is not working for me.

I do appreciate the effort and will follow closely.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
This is posted as a wanted! to see if someone can create the post tagscanner processing. I'm not suggesting this as a Tip to be done manually.

Offline Mafalda

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 06:00:56 PM »

Hi jer1956!

I would just like to avoid confusion.
This thread would induce us to think there is a connection between gapless playback and force the JukeBox to use cue sheets.
But when the music plays using
   - Media Library or
   - Favourites or
   - JukeBox,
is not always the Music Player to be involved, with its supported or unsupported features?

Thank you,
Mafalda

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 06:30:42 PM »
Music Jukebox works by augmenting the basic Music Player. Although cue works using the latest x2 beta, ignoring the bugs, this is still outside of Muisc Jukebox.   Using Muisc Jukebox would allow cue albums to mixed with other albums in the database,  and also  give the possibility of extending the jukebox support to  augment the cue player as well, that is use the database rather that just the cue file name.