Author Topic: Won't reboot after bootloader 17 L beta2 installation  (Read 2850 times)

Offline watery4441

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Won't reboot after bootloader 17 L beta2 installation
« on: January 15, 2014, 02:30:38 pm »
Hi..
Yesterday my mede8er won't show any files when connected to my LCD, then I tried to connect it to my Asus laptop to check what was going on.

At first attempt the mede8er HD can be detected on my laptop. All my files can be accessed at that time then windows ask whether I want to check/ scan and fix sector errors or not. I clicked yes. I waited until it's done then the mede8er HD is suddenly not recognized by windows.

I reboot the mede and my laptop, connected it again to my laptop via usb then pop-up windows said that do you want to format the disk? I clicked cancel. I power cycled everything but I still can't access my mede HD. It always ask to format the disk.

This morning I decided to update the firmware. I thought that might solved the problem.
I followed the procedure how to update the firmware, now I'm stuck at bootloader 17 L installation.

I succeeded at installing the beta2 with yellow box bar appearing, stating the the installation is completed then it reboot but won't start to intall beta2 the second time as per the step-by-step procedure. My LCD showed only the mede8er logo, 30 minutes later it still showed the mede logo and nothing else.

What should I do? Should I just plug off my usb stick and reinstall the bootloader again?

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
Re: Won't reboot after bootloader 17 L beta2 installation
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »
Be sure your usb stick is FAT32 formatted, in most cases that is the root cause of issues to update the bootloader.
Most sticks are nowadays standard exFAT formatted (the bigger ones).

Otherwise try another usb stick.
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline Guttend

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Won't reboot after bootloader 17 L beta2 installation
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 03:17:38 pm »
Should work on the same stick unless there is problem reading it.