Author Topic: Very Low Transfer speed, how should i improve (in need of HELP)  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Electrocell

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Very Low Transfer speed, how should i improve (in need of HELP)
« on: December 08, 2013, 10:49:06 PM »
 ???
Hi
I sometimes transfer movie files from my pc to my mede8erx2 500 which is located some 25 meters away through a wired connection cat5e cable network. My pc adapter is a TP-LINK 1000Mbps pci adapter which then is having internet connection from the modem router (provided by the internet company) the Technicolor TG582n which has 4 port switches 10/100Mbps with performance of 802.11b/802.11g/802.11n.
I Have also a Devolo 500Mbps connected and I can transfer files either through a direct cat5e cable or through the devolo.

Then when I come to transfer a maybe 6Gb movie file from my pc to the mede8er (25mts away) via a cat5e cable or via the devolo 500Mbps on both occasions and exactly the same it will take more then 2 hours and 30 minutes at a transfer speed of 780KB/second. (on the mede8er the UPnp is off and the Nas is on).Is there any solution to improve my transfer speed or any settings that I need to do on my pc, modem router and my mede8er x2 500, or should I buy new equipment to improve this transfer speed cause it is taking ages.
Any HELP or suggestions are much appreciated. THANKS.

Offline Mike42

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-1
Re: Very Low Transfer speed, how should i improve (in need of HELP)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 06:37:47 AM »
There are many questions about this item. The mede8er is a mediaplayer at first with an nas
Function. The internal hardware is therefor very good at playing media. The transfer speed
Can be improved by using a file copy proram as teracopy.  Or connect your med treu
The usb to your pc  and transfer directly.

But why don' t younstream your movies as it has a wired comnection. No need for copy
Acfioms.

Mike42
Mede8er : MED1000X3D
Network: Wired CAT5
NAS: WDMyCloud 4TB, streaming true NFS
Tv: Samsung LE32B650T2WXXN, LCD, HD TV
AV receiver: Onkyo TX-NR414
additional equipment:
- Switch sitecom N118 (MED, Onkyo receiver,PS3)
- Samsung galaxy Tab-3 10.1", android 4.2, max resultion 1280x800

Offline Electrocell

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 06:18:43 PM »
Thanks Mike42 for answering so fast and help. Using a usb could be an option yes but I have over25 meters of cable which I cannot easily hide so I have to ignore that., but I have downloaded the free version of teracopy as you requested and indeed it boosted the transfer speed up to 1.8Mbps still I need to improve more.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 09:39:00 PM »
You  should try simplifying the network  for test purposes by moving the router to  the PC, as well  as the player.  See if you  have setup option for the routers lan switch and turn off Jumbo Frames.   You need to  get transfers of about  5 mb/s with the simple network..and then start complicating it.