Author Topic: XML Search by Year rebooting my 500x2 vith Version 3 Firmware  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Voodoo

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
XML Search by Year rebooting my 500x2 vith Version 3 Firmware
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:33:03 pm »
I have installed the Version 3 firmware and set up my "TV Series" and "Movies" folders. I scraped my "TV Series"  Folder but just scanned my "Movies" as I already had all the movies done by Thumbgen.

XML search works fine but as soon as I try to search by year, my Mede8er reboots.  :(

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Through analytical investigation ;-) I found 2 of my movies that had xml files which were corrupted. They did not have the year tag and hence the reboot. After fixing them, all is fine.

I just wonder whether something can be done by the developers so that a corrupted xml file does not cause a reboot but just gives an error?

Offline murphylaw

Re: XML Search by Year rebooting my 500x2 vith Version 3 Firmware
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 10:14:26 am »
I have exactly the same issue: XML generated by Thumbgen, updated firmware from 2.x to 3.0.2 - reboot when searching by "Year"! How can I find the corrupted XML files? There are over 900 movies... :(

Is it possible to fix this? Because with the previous firmware it worked.

EDIT: It seems only connected to the xml search for "Year". Other searches (genre, rating etc.) run fine. Maybe there is a way to identify the corrupted xml files automatically?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:02:27 pm by murphylaw »

Offline murphylaw

Re: XML Search by Year rebooting my 500x2 vith Version 3 Firmware
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 06:53:26 pm »
Ok, I've found a quick workaround to sort out the corrupted xml files. The problem is the missing tag <year> in the xml file within the movie folder. It seems that sometimes it's not created by ThumbGen - which wasn't a problem in the earlier 500X2 firmware versions...

I've used total commander to search all *.xml files on the 500X2 harddrive, which DOES NOT contain the string <year> and either deleted them or let ThumbGen run over it again.

After all, xml search in the 500X2 menu works fine :) A firmware fix would be nice though ::)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:30:22 pm by murphylaw »

Offline Voodoo

• B8a Tester - X2
Re: Re: XML Search by Year rebooting my 500x2 vith Version 3 Firmware
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:55:27 pm »
Well done with the easy solution. Now others don't need to struggle like I did. :D

By the way, how many corrupt files did you have?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline murphylaw

Re: Re: XML Search by Year rebooting my 500x2 vith Version 3 Firmware
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 08:44:02 pm »
Well done with the easy solution. Now others don't need to struggle like I did. :D
By the way, how many corrupt files did you have?

I'm a lazy person... which sometimes leads to stunning solutions ;D But luckily you pointed in the right direction.

There were about 20-30 corrupt xml files, out of 930 movie folders... If I remember correctly, the "corrupted" xml file layout was somewhat different from the newer movies, maybe due to an earlier ThumbGen version.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:49:57 pm by murphylaw »