Author Topic: went from V4.0.5 to V3.0.4 and nothing  (Read 20760 times)

Offline Goldpanner

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
went from V4.0.5 to V3.0.4 and nothing
« on: October 16, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
I have a Mede8er 500x with V4.0.5 already installed on it, I wanted to go back to V3.0.4 to be rid of the subtitles coming up, I researched on here and it said it was possible to roll back to V3.0.4 and I did that, I followed the instructions that came with the firmware update.
After the mede was updated I rebooted and went to change my output video to NTSC and before I could get there the screen went black and only the blue light stayed on, none of the front buttons would work, I couldn't turn it off, even the remote would not work, so I unplugged the unit and did it again, and it did the same thing again, it shuts off by itself after I reboot, but after it shuts off the blue light stays on.
So I read on here where they said to re-install the firmware with a new flashdrive, reformat it, which I did and it did the same thing.
So what am I doing wrong?

Offline Goldpanner

Re: went from V4.0.5 to V3.0.4 and nothing
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:53:17 PM »
I should add after more testing I noticed that the unit keeps rebooting every time, endless loop of rebooting the unit on it's own, the bootloader that was in it was: # 0000.0202.1026L  so now all it does is just keep rebooting unless i unplug it of course:)

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:56:20 PM »
Did you already try to remove the internal disc to see if that stops the rebooting loop?

Did you already try to install the 4.0.5 again that was original installed on the unit?
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline Goldpanner

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 09:01:53 PM »
No I didn't but I will try to re-install the v4.0.5 on it thanks:0

Offline Goldpanner

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 09:14:03 PM »
I re-installed the original firmware v4.0.5 and it works normal, no issues, I never pulled the internal hard drive yet, I would still like to go back to v4.0.5 if possible but what will it take? Installing the older boot loader or?

Offline Goldpanner

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 10:17:38 PM »
Did you already try to remove the internal disc to see if that stops the rebooting loop?

I removed the hard drive and the rebooting continues on 3.0.4, I also notice then when I'm changing the video output format to the one i use "NTSC" before I get to that setting the screen will go black and the mede won't do anything but shut off, even the blue light in the front goes off and it stays that way until I unplug the unit, then I will get the red light and turn the unit on, the blue light will come on again and it will reboot after 57 seconds, and just keep doing that unless I do the video output change I described above.

Did you already try to install the 4.0.5 again that was original installed on the unit?
I re-installed the 4.05 and everything works good as before, no issues other then before with the sub titles that get annoying.
I still want to go back to 3.0.4 but I don't know how, I'm still thinking it might have something to do with the bootloader, but I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't have a clue:)
My Boot Loader in there now is: 0000.0202.1026L

Offline Goldpanner

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 06:31:39 PM »
Any ideas from anybody? Or is this another glitch with this unit that once you are up this high in the firmware version that you can't rollback to an earlier version?

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 07:11:45 PM »
Should normal be possible. It is so long ago that I used a 500X so am not 100% sure.

Offline Goldpanner

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 02:22:24 AM »
Would there be a link to the older style boot loader that was needed for the versions before the 4.0 and up, I read a lot about needing a newer boot loader for 4.0 and above and was wondering if that was what was keeping me from going back to earlier versions.
I was hoping that someone that was still using the older 500x would remember what they did, I know this section of the forum is the "old fashioned" part of the forum seeing as these older media tanks are just that "old fashioned" but for some of us these tanks are perfect for now.
Thanks for the reply:)

Offline Goldpanner

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 08:14:57 AM »
Well I figured I'd finish this thread seeing as I managed to get the trouble fixed, I don't know if this would be an issue for other 500X units or not but for mine it was.

I formatted my usb Thumbdrive using the program linked from this site, Then I loaded up v3.0.4 to see if it would take, it didn't, same problem endless looping and rebooting, so I formatted the usb thumbdrive again and installed the bootloader patch 17L - the 500X took that perfectly, then I formatted the usb thumbdrive again and put V4BETA 5 on the unit and it took that and all went well, after that step I formatted the usb thumbdrive again and installed v3.0.5 on the unit and the 500X took that firmware and it worked like a charm, no more looping and rebooting, everything works,

I decided not to go to v3.0.4 because they are basically the same except the v3.0.5 firmware corrected the shoutcast radio issue, I believe installing the 17L bootloader patch took care of my issues but seeing as I'm not a programmer I don't really know, I do know that it worked and now I am at a firmware version I like:)

So even though this is an older unit I hope this helps someone out there if they have the same issues, but then again my unit might be a rare case because no one had any ideas on here. I received help in the past from this site so I'm glad to give some back:)

Good day

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
Re:
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 12:53:22 PM »
Great feedback.  Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Offline turtles3

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 12:08:31 PM »
Bij grote problemen zet ik hem terug in de fabrieksinstelling en begin dan opnieuw met firmware te updaten.
Ik ben ook maar een hobbyist.  8)