Author Topic: Problems with some AVI files (unsupported format) & question about audio volume  (Read 17621 times)

Offline james_uk

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Hi, I have just added a load of series to my media player, they are all AVI's, but some are from different sources, the majority play fine, there is a couple that keep saying unsupported format, but they are still avi files, so i don't know why it's unsupported when the media player says it plays avi's.

is there any way i can fix these files without re-downloading the files?

also related to the above files, the audio on the majority are fine, on about 4 files though the audio when they start are extremely low, but the video is fine, is there anyway i can adjust the volume so when they start they will be more like the rest of the series?

Thanks for any help

James

Offline Mike42

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-1
Hi, I have just added a load of series to my media player, they are all AVI's, but some are from different sources, the majority play fine, there is a couple that keep saying unsupported format, but they are still avi files, so i don't know why it's unsupported when the media player says it plays avi's.

is there any way i can fix these files without re-downloading the files?

also related to the above files, the audio on the majority are fine, on about 4 files though the audio when they start are extremely low, but the video is fine, is there anyway i can adjust the volume so when they start they will be more like the rest of the series?

Thanks for any help

James

Avi is , what is called an container. That means i can contain several formats of viceo.
I gues, the ones that are not playin contain a divx format
, witch is not supported anymore sind fw2.0 i thought ( has to do with license beteen divx and realtek chip set)
You could convert them into xvid and it will work again.

You can chexk it if its divx here: http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,11996.0.html

Mike42
Mede8er : MED1000X3D
Network: Wired CAT5
NAS: WDMyCloud 4TB, streaming true NFS
Tv: Samsung LE32B650T2WXXN, LCD, HD TV
AV receiver: Onkyo TX-NR414
additional equipment:
- Switch sitecom N118 (MED, Onkyo receiver,PS3)
- Samsung galaxy Tab-3 10.1", android 4.2, max resultion 1280x800

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Series? If you  torrent a collection of epsiodes you may find they are ripped differently.  Some using passthrough formats like ac3 will go out unaltered and the amp  will control the volume.  Others using processed formats like AAC, will go out as LPCM via the mixer. So  you need to  set the mixer volume to  31.

Offline james_uk

• Experienced Member
yes they are a series, my biggest thing i want to sort is getting the unsupported format  files playing as some were hard to get.

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
yes they are a series, my biggest thing i want to sort is getting the unsupported format  files playing as some were hard to get.

First make a backup of your files and then try this:
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,9929.msg62753.html#msg62753
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.

Offline james_uk

• Experienced Member
Thank you very much for your help, i used fourcc and changed the codec to xvid they work fine now   ;D

Offline Robo116

Hello i put my files trough fcc and get now the message unknown startcode i here sound but no picture ????????

Offline simontink

An old thread i know, but I stumbled across it as I was getting the unsupported format error, my fix was to use a little program called divx2mp4, just open the program, choose your non working file, select xvid as the new codec and click save. completes in an instant and has worked on all my unsupported divx files  :)