Author Topic: Newbies tutorial for Mede8er world (600x3d / 800x3d / 1000x3d ) sartup basics  (Read 164215 times)

Offline spectra7045

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
I assumed it did that but it is putting them in a folder it creates called data and there is no link to the film.
As I said when I first did it it worked fine.

Offline spectra7045

Sorted it.
Was getting no match info when I looked at the jukebox folder so searched for that.
Answer was to do an xml search all when I opened the folder and lo and behold all was correct.

Offline Hotrod

Hi,

Just purchased a 600X3D and implementing the set up procedure. All worked as per manual until I reached the TagScanner set up. I have multi codecs so cannot use the basic direct scanner. The problem is that Tagscanner does not appear to recognize the Mede8er Script ie it is not showing up in the Export Setting window, despite being present in the script folder ( screen shot attached ).

I am running W10 and following the instructions provided here :  http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_music_jukebox_user_guide_x2_x3.html

Help would be appreciated as this is a bit of a show stopper at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem now sorted - found the post here : http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php?topic=10945.0

The script also needs to be pasted into " C:/Users/ "username"/ Appdata/ Roaming/Tagscanner/scripts.  "

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:26:11 pm by Hotrod »

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +87/-16
I just downloaded latest Tagscanner Beta http://www.xdlab.ru/en/ts6beta.htm
I am also running Win10. I coped the Mede8er script  'XX_Mede8er - Export_XML_Group_by_Artist_netapi.tse' to the Script folder and it works as expected. Note I did not copy the Tagscanner folder to Program Files and just left it in the download folder (not sure if this has any impact on the problem you reported) I also copied the Mede8er script to the 'bckp' folder inside the script folder. I hope this maybe helps you sort this out.

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline Hotrod

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Problem now sorted, I've added a footnote to my post above.

Offline oxior83

thx!!

Offline marcjean

:-* Thanks for this tutorial.  Happy new year 2016.

Offline steve007

hi everyone i just bought med8er800 and i cant understant how i can make scrapers for the movies.i download yadis kai yadis2med and what next do somethink from pc or send them to external disk and work from there?please help :-\

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +87/-16
hi everyone i just bought med8er800 and i cant understant how i can make scrapers for the movies.i download yadis kai yadis2med and what next do somethink from pc or send them to external disk and work from there?please help :-\

Why not use the built in Movie Scraper?
Here is the User Guide
http://www.mede8er.com/User_Guides_Google_Translate/Mede8er_Movie_Scraper_User_Guide.htm

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline moodybluesman

Hi,
My first post so if I'm in the wrong place I apologize. I have just purchased a Mede8er MED800X3D Wi-Fi 3D Media Player with 4TB Hard Disc. V4.
Windows 7 - Dell Laptop - Sky Router
I can't see the web remote on my laptop using Chrome, just a blank page with a Not Secure icon. It does show up on explorer but only some of the buttons work. There are a number of old posts about this but I was wondering if this issue had been resolved.
That's just one of many issues, I'm having a nightmare setting it up on my network, I can see the icon but when I click it asks for a network username and password which I've never been asked for with other devices. After 10 hours I feel like I should send it back to Amazon, partly my fault for not being up to speed with this technology, but it's not as simple as it makes out on the website, certainly not plug and play. I can't find any product support in the UK and there is no way I'm phoning South Africa. :(
Thanks

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +169/-32
It isn't a support issue. It isn't plug'n'play. You will find plenty of guides here. The issue is it's an "Old School" player from 2012. Many appreciate what it can do, and wanted production extended. Those expecting a 2016 player using ARM design chips shouldn't get it. It's like buying a Triumph Kick Start Retro Motor Bike, in an age of push button bikes. Some want the Triumph, others will say it unsaleable without push button start. 

Offline moodybluesman

Thanks, I take your point, I just didn't know what I was letting myself in for, but at least I know how to start, ride, and fix a Triumph :)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
The remote is so simple it's unusable. To interact with the database and select things to play you need a Net Api  client. The players is full of features users should use like a toolbox. Some are best suited to one thing rather than another. But that means it isn't plug'n'play, that means one way to do anything, not 2 or 3

Offline moodybluesman

Well things are looking better now. I've managed to get the web remote working on (ie), as I use chrome I'll just use the (ie) desktop icon for the remote, which I'll probably rarely use. I've also sorted the password access, I didn't understand and wasn't using the default username (root), I've now switched off samba security in any case. I've also now added a short MP4 video clip which plays no problem. Loads to get my head around and get to grips with but I am far more optimistic now. ;D 

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
It isn't as complicated as that. Follow the Movie Scraper guide on this page

http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_X3_movie_scraper_user_guide_V3.html

The only real issue is anything internet related failing due to slow DNS. Check that with youtube. Is it loading? If not, that means changing the DNS server being used in the players lan setup.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:18:58 am by jer1956 »