Author Topic: Newbies tutorial for Mede8er world (600x3d / 800x3d / 1000x3d ) sartup basics  (Read 246619 times)

Offline Wookie Groomer

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Somebody please answer this question. ^
I also have some movies that are in two parts and also need to know the proper naming for Jukebox Plus to recognize them properly. I assume there is a way other than create two folders and scan as two movies with Part 1 and Part 2.
BenQ W1080ST / Elite Screens ELECTRIC125H-A1080P2 125"
Denon AVR-991 HD Audio/Video Receiver
7.1 Audio - Definitive Technology
Custom Build 15" Tempest SonoSub 24" Dia. x 48" Tall 14hz low end (two 17" flared ports)
Mede8er 600X3D
20TB Media Server

Offline Fmedrano1977

• Experienced Member
Somebody please answer this question. ^
I also have some movies that are in two parts and also need to know the proper naming for Jukebox Plus to recognize them properly. I assume there is a way other than create two folders and scan as two movies with Part 1 and Part 2.
That I know of, no. You will have to combine the 2 using the append feature of mkvMerge.

HTC M9

Offline Wookie Groomer

I've done that in the past to several movies and it causes significant sync issues starting at the append point. It's been well over a year since I did it, Does now work?
BenQ W1080ST / Elite Screens ELECTRIC125H-A1080P2 125"
Denon AVR-991 HD Audio/Video Receiver
7.1 Audio - Definitive Technology
Custom Build 15" Tempest SonoSub 24" Dia. x 48" Tall 14hz low end (two 17" flared ports)
Mede8er 600X3D
20TB Media Server

Offline Fmedrano1977

• Experienced Member
I've done that in the past to several movies and it causes significant sync issues starting at the append point. It's been well over a year since I did it, Does now work?
I've done it with the Hobbit series and never had an issue. Rip's audio and video have to be identical, and the chapters of the second have to continue were the first one left off. Say first one has 23 chapters, second one has to start at chapter 24, 25, 26, etc... I renamed them with MakeMKV prior to the conversion.  I've read it can be done with mkvMerge, just never done it myself so won't be able to tell you how.

HTC M9

Offline RenVilo

Is there any way to sort all media according to the date that they have been added to a shared folder?

Offline Fmedrano1977

• Experienced Member
Is there any way to sort all media according to the date that they have been added to a shared folder?
I know in jukebox view you can display based on added date.

HTC M9

Offline K.B.Nikto

• Helpful Contribution Status: +19/-1

Unfortunately, if you don't use jukebox, no. It's a feature many have requested.

Offline RenVilo

Unfortunately, if you don't use jukebox, no. It's a feature many have requested.

But Jukebox only works for movies, correct?

Offline RetrogamerX

I think the first page with all the pic's need to be re-upped.  I'm thinking of buying a 800x3d player and have no idea what to do first when I get it.

Offline RenVilo

I think the first page with all the pic's need to be re-upped.  I'm thinking of buying a 800x3d player and have no idea what to do first when I get it.

I was very happy when I bought my mede8er but due to the lack of enhancements (big reason I also bought it) I wouldn't advice this. I switched over to Plex and I love it so much more. Its just easier. I have my mede8er on a backup TV but its starting to lack features that seems standard to others these days.

Offline RetrogamerX

I was very happy when I bought my mede8er but due to the lack of enhancements (big reason I also bought it) I wouldn't advice this. I switched over to Plex and I love it so much more. Its just easier. I have my mede8er on a backup TV but its starting to lack features that seems standard to others these days.

I have a lot of local files I like to play.  Not just on HDD, but over my network using samba.

Offline RenVilo

I have a lot of local files I like to play.  Not just on HDD, but over my network using samba.

I only stream over a network so no local stuff on my mede8er. Its not a bad product but I think they were really good initially and then sadly just didn't give it all in enhancements. Pity but yea.

Offline tonmeno

MED800X3D

HELP HELP !  :-\

Good morning, I bought one of your products on INTERNET SHOP  but
You have big problems with the wireless configuration, you can have a mini guide in Italian?
It also goes well in English if you have a step by step.
please post me a link or manual to tonmeno@hotmail.com

Thank you and regard
Andrea ( Italy )

Offline spectra7045

Having problems with Jukebox+.
Had it working fine them made a mistake when I added a new film so thought I would start from scratch.
Reset Jukebox+ and deleted old folder. Created a new folder set it to favourites clicked aggregate jukebox
clicked on eack of my 2 folders and added them to jukebox+ and got a message saying films moved.
opened jukebox+ and had only a folder called data.
Opened this and it had all the covers clicked on a cover which brought up the film info screen but no film and no amount of clicking started a film which were still ok in their original folders.
Have now tried all of this three times with the same result.
Have read the jukebox for beginners ad nauseum so am now stuck.
Any help would be much appreciated

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
Jukebox+  moves the scrape and leaves the film.  Its meant for integrating  multiple sources.