Author Topic: Newbies tutorial for Mede8er world (600x3d / 800x3d / 1000x3d ) sartup basics  (Read 185599 times)

Offline starwarsclark

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-1
If you edit the source you have to  rebuild jukebox+.

You can now edit the jukebox+ directly and the modified scrape will  be synced to  the source so  that if you have to  rebuild from  scratch the source is up to date.

The problem with any guide is it gets out of date...

Thanks - I cannot edit the Jukebox+ though, if I press edit nothing happens apart from it jumping back to the main screen with all of my movies showing. I thought I read somewhere that you can now edit directly from Jukebox+ and it will write back to the source folder.

Could you please confirm exactly how I rebuild Jukebox+ 

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +189/-52
You  edit jukebox+ by  oking an icon to bring up the about. Edit then starts scrape edit.

Offline starwarsclark

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
You  edit jukebox+ by  oking an icon to bring up the about. Edit then starts scrape edit.

Sorry Jer but I am lost as to what you have written, could you please explain further.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
When you start jukebox+ you get cover icons for each movie. If you OK an icon you get the about displayed. Normally you then press OK again to start the movie. If you use the edit (pen) button instead then scrape edit starts.

Offline starwarsclark

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
When you start jukebox+ you get cover icons for each movie. If you OK an icon you get the about displayed. Normally you then press OK again to start the movie. If you use the edit (pen) button instead then scrape edit starts.

Doh I am an idiot!
I am using a Harmony remote and the button for editing is different from the original remote. Used the original remote and voila it works perfectly.
Thanks for your patience.

Now to re-programme the Harmony........ ;D

Offline exceptionalht

• Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
I just set up my MED800X3D (V3.0.6)  for the first time yesterday. I transferred some movies (using the correct folder structure) to the internal hard drive. I then scanned the hard drive and the movie metadata was correct for all but one. So I then scraped that movie and that was it.

I now noticed that when I select a movie, there are icons for the iso file and for the movie cover art. This doesn't seem right. I've attached an image. How do I fix this?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
You need points 24 and 30 from the guide.

Offline exceptionalht

24 and 30 were made. The screenshot I attached was using the Media Library GUI. When I go the Favourites GUI, the icons are not there and provides a slightly different user interface. Is all this normal?

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
What's does you favourite screen look like? Is it empty?

Do you see a looking glass when using media library? Before selecting any movie that way, use the search button if the looking glass is there.

You have to enter jukebox mode by using favourites or the looking glass. Jukebox mode is different from just browsing via media library.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 03:51:12 pm by jer1956 »

Offline exceptionalht

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there was difference between the jukebox mode and media library mode. I'm just trying to understand the user interface.

jsmiddleton4

You need to have an icon with the same name as the movie.  Usually your cover.jpg.  Copy and then paste cover.jpg into the movie folder.

So if your iso is named xxxx.iso you need to rename the cover(1).jpg to xxxx.jpg.  Then that icon will load instead of the default one you are showing in your picture.

Also you need to hit Menu and go down to the view options and tell it "Movie".  You are displaying every thing remotely graphic related. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:44:02 am by jsmiddleton4 »

Offline Wurlitzer

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Guys, I know this has been covered ad nauseam on the forums but no matter what I try I cannot scrape from the TV Series favourite icon.
I focus on the Favourite Link ‘TV Series’ and press the ‘Menu’ button and then 'Scan'. The scanning message comes up briefly but ends without any series being scanned.
However if I select the Favorites icon and then highlight a particular series it does get scraped correctly after selecting 'Menu' -->'Scan'.. So this works but is tedious to have to scrape individual series rather than the whole TV Series section at once.

This suggests to me that I have the naming convention correct for each individual series but not at the higher level seen by using the TV Series favorite short-cut. Below is an exact example of my folder structure and file naming convention, can anyone spot what is wrong?

Root Folder:         TV Series
Sub Folder:                  Orphan Black
Sub Folder:                          Season 01
Files:                                                Orphan Black - S01E01.mkv
                                                          Orphan Black - S01E02.mkv
                                                          etc...
Sub Folder:                          Season 02
Files:                                                Orphan Black - S02E01.mkv
                                                          Orphan Black - S02E02.mkv
                                                          etc..

I understand that I do not have the series name included in the file name but is this necessary?  Since the series scrapes OK if each series is selected individually I have figured it is OK.

Thanks.

Offline Fiskomp

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Hello.

Med800x3D how to assign the left blue backlight key as it is in the right?

Offline d2florin

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
Hello ,
  Could you please help me with this question ?

I have one internal PC drive, one usb drive and med internal HDD

On internal PC

Movies
         HD movies
         Concerts
 On external USB Can I keep the same structure or should I renamed like this ?

Movies1
        HD movies1
        Concert1

I want to  add the shares to favorites and I want to see if I add 2 directories from different sources with identical names is OK ?

Can I merge on video wall movies from 2 directories into  folder shortcut ?

Many thanks ,

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
You can't merge folders, only scanned jukeboxes which have a database.  So the sequence is not "merge then jukebox", its "jukebox then aggragate".