Author Topic: Mede8er Aggregated Jukebox Manager version history  (Read 5302 times)

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-0
Mede8er Aggregated Jukebox Manager version history
« on: March 27, 2013, 09:31:27 pm »
Purpose of this thread is to keep a log of release notes for this program going forward. Please don't post support issue in this thread. Please use the main thread.

Latest version can be downloaded from:

http://www.edd-ltd.co.uk/Mede8er/Mede8er-Jukebox.zip

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Re: Mede8er Aggregated Jukebox Manager version history
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 09:31:51 pm »
Version 1.0.0.23 24/03/2013

Zip file contains an additional file: new.png that must be located in the same directory as the program.

Added: New Movie Genre function.
This allows you to flag movies as being new by adding a genre to the movie. The wording of the genre can be anything you want but it mustnít match a genre already used by your films. I use New Movie. You also need to specify how recently the movie was added to your collection to be classified as new. This is done in the Days Old box. A figure of 60 in this box means that the movie must have been added to your collection within the last 60 days. The program uses the creation date of the folder in which the movie resides as the date that the movie was added to your collection.
If you use these options then the program will determine how old a film is whenever you run the Create Jukebox function and flag it with the genre you have specified. You can then filter on this genre within the Mede8er.
In addition if you use these options the program will assess a films age each time you use the Create Jukebox button or the Regenerate Mede8er.db button. If it finds that a film is flagged as new but has been in your collection for more than the specified number of days then it will remove the new movie genre from the film.
Update folder.jpg Option

This is a further option to the New Movie Genre functionality. It is entirely optional. When this is ticked in addition to the program adding the New Movie genre it will put a graphic overlay over the folder.jpg file of the movie to mark it as new Ė similar to how the watched indicator works on the Mede8er.

Couple of notes on this:
-   You can customise the overlay graphic used. Itís called new.png and measures 50x50 pixels. The overlay must be called new.png and it must reside in the same directory as the program file. In this version of the program the overlay will always be placed in the top left-hand corner of the folder.jpg image.
-   The program will create a backup copy of your folder.jpg called folder.med. This is stored within the movie folder within your aggregated jukebox.
-   The program will restore folder.med to folder.jpg when it finds a movie that no longer meets the criteria to be classed as a New Movie
-   When applying the overlay the program resizes the altered folder.jpg so that it has a width of 160 pixels. Whatever ratio was applied to get the width to 160 pixels is also applied to the height of the graphic to keep it in proportion.
-   Using the Regenerate Mede8er.db button will cause the program to assess whether the overlay should be removed.
-   If you use this facility but decide you donít like it you can undo all the changes by turning off the New Genre functionality, setting the Movies To Process option to All and clicking on Create Jukebox

If you want to use the New Movie genre functionality then I would suggest that the first time you run it you have the Movies To Process setting set to All. This will ensure that all your movies in the jukebox are flagged appropriately.  Thereafter you can leave Movies To Process on the New and Modified option.

Added: The Manual Jukebox will apply any New Movie Genre settings that you have made.
Fixed: If using the Not Watched Genre function with Movies To Process set to All the not watched genre would not get populated for movies that had been viewed in the aggregated jukebox
Fixed: If using the Not Watched Genre function the Regenerate Mede8erDB button would not process all .t files. It would only process ones with the same name as the movie folder.
Fixed: If using the Not Watched Genre function the Manual Jukebox wouldnít always populate the Not Watched genre.
Fixed: Some of the options on the main screen were not being applied when immediately selected. ie they didn't work until you restarted the program.

Final notes: The last two versions of the program have taken me longer to get out than initially planned. I've spent quite a bit of time refactoring some of the code as it had "evolved" over the last 20 or so releases as ideas occurred or were suggested to me. The end result was something that internally I wasn't happy with. I've now refactored the principle routines in the program into a format that I am much happier with. Whilst I've done quite a bit a of testing it's possible that in the process of refactoring I have broken existing functionality - hopefully not.

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Re: Mede8er Aggregated Jukebox Manager version history
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 09:32:26 pm »
Version 1.0.0.24 27/03/2013

Fixed: Ratings not properly imported into Mede8er.db file when using XMLs generated by Thumbgen on computers running Windows using german language settings.