Author Topic: Having Problems with DuneX  (Read 11782 times)

Offline Budge

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
Having Problems with DuneX
« on: March 13, 2013, 07:10:09 AM »
So I put one mkv in it's own folder and ran DuneX.  It didn't find very much info an analysis, but I did a manual search and filled in the blanks.  Once I got the movie profile set up, I hit export (which was is French).  Then I opened DuneX2Mede8er and created the xml, then the database.  Everything worked fine.

Then I added another mkv file in it's own folder.  When I ran DuneX, I hit reload to find my new movie.  It found the movie, but it seemed to lose all of my data for the previous movie.  Once I finished setting up the movie profiles, I hit clean then tried to export again.  DuneX is writing about.jpg and folder.jpg files for each movie, but it's only writing an xml file for the first movie.  I don't know what to select during the export process because I don't understand French.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
  • printf("Hello, world! \n");
    • myrtaART: Applications, Resources and Tools
Re: Having Problems with DuneX
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:02:18 AM »
DuneX has most of its text in English, I don't understand why you have a French only version.

By the way, you should select Analysis after adding new movies: here you have the option to analyze all the movies under the selected folder or just the "new" one (i.e. the ones with no movie info or posters); just DO NOT press the button on the far right which is CANCEL and, obviously enough, will not perform the analysis).

When you're done, press Export, quit DuneX (this automatically saves DuneX library…), then start DuneX2Mede8er and proceed as you did before...
Mede8er 1000X3D, Onkyo HT-R390, LG 47LW570G (3D, DTT+SAT, LED Local dimming), LG BD-660 (Bluray 3D player), Apple TV (3rd gen.)
Proud user of DuneX2Mede8er

Offline Budge

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »
Thanks.  But shouldn't DuneX put a xml file in each of my movie folders?  It's not doing that.  When I open DuneX2Mede8er, it only sees the movie with an xml file in it's folder.  And when I go back to DuneX, it keeps losing all of my data for the second movie.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:48:05 PM by Budge »

Offline Budge

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 03:11:14 PM »
Never mind.  I just upgraded to the 9.0 beta of DuneX and all seems well.  Thanks.

Offline Budge

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 04:37:51 AM »
Now that I've gotten DuneX and DuneX2Mede8er to work, I found a small glitch.  On each movie background, there are two vertical, invisible lines going from top to bottom.  I noticed because the text is screwed up, especially in the synopsis area.

Anyone else see this?

Offline Maasbommel

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +51/-8
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 07:07:47 AM »
What firmware version and mede8er type are you using?

Try a reset default on your mede8er, don't setup the red borders in video setup and verify again.
Read the  Mede8er 400X/500X Beginners Guide
or Mede8er 500X2/400X2/450X2 Beginners Guide

Also check the Couto X3D Newbies Guide first.

Please don't PM me but post on the forum.