Author Topic: Automatic FourCC Changer  (Read 100484 times)

Offline Lupissimo

• Helpful Contribution Status: +6/-0
Automatic FourCC Changer
« on: March 09, 2013, 06:49:32 AM »
Due to the license issues regarding the DIVX FourCC we have developed a tool using some of the  FourCC source code of "AVI FourCC Changer v1.00 - www.inmatrix.com" which scans your movies for the FourCC values and changes them automatically to a new value given by the user (e.g. XVID). As you are working on your precious movie files, precaution is required not to corrupt them. One should always make a run WITHOUT replacing the FourCC first and keep this protocol as a reference in case you have to revert the changes. In the protocol you can see ALL FourCCs of your movies and can then choose the values which have to be replaced ( e.g. ONLY DIVX, DV50) Start the program again and set XVID as the replacement. You will see the results in the new protocol. The program only works on avi files. There are also some mkv files which contain divx encoded movies. These will NOT be found nor changed. For those you will have to use the header editor in mkvmerge to change them.

The program is written using german text. But the manual has some explanations.

http://www.mede8er.com/Software/Lupos_FourCC.rar
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:47:43 AM by Mede8er1 »

Offline bazzio

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
Re: Automatic FourCC Changer
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »
Thanks! Just needed a tool tool like this. Works great!

Offline Lupissimo

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
BEWARE : I just found out after "converting" 10% of my 6000 files that DIV3 and DIV4 do not work with a change to XVID!! It looks like ONLY DIVX and DV05 can be changed!! This leaves me with some 40 movies which I need to reencode! Unless there is another workaround! The med600X3 says illegal startcode and only plays back sound.

Offline Lupissimo

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 02:39:59 PM »
I updated the Readme Manual to incorporate the inability to change DIV3 ! Please exchange the Readme file with the attached!

Offline The-Dude

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 01:40:21 PM »
Thanks for your tool! It's working fine for me.
Is it possible to run the prog in "silent" mode, so without any confirmation via return and the window close automatically?

Dude

Offline Lupissimo

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 02:40:56 PM »
Since you normally only use it a couple of times and not regularly, "silent mode" is not  implemented.

Offline The-Dude

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 03:03:50 PM »
For new files I would use it regularly every day. I use onlinetvrecorder.com and use most the divx format.
Your tool is the best FourCC Changer i've found to change many files in one time. I use a batch which does other things before and after changing the FourCC. That's the reason I ask for.
But it's OK as it is.

Dude

Offline Lupissimo

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »
I'll look into that, but no promises  ::)

Offline The-Dude

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »
Thanks again!  :)

Offline Lupissimo

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 05:15:58 PM »
in order to undertand your way of working we would need to see how you start the other programs ( script or program.bat ??? )

Offline HiDiHo

• MED600X3D/WP
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »
in order to undertand your way of working we would need to see how you start the other programs ( script or program.bat ??? )
He writes "I use a batch"
But why not make it a service that does it on the fly when added to PC

Offline Lupissimo

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »
This tool was developed, when the "divx" issue came up with FW 2.0 for the med600/1000 series. It was intended to help you finding all files in your library which will not be played back with FW 2.0. It lists all potentially problematic files and changes the fourcc for those which after changing to XVID will be played. If you just need to change a known file you better use the fourcc changer which you can find here: http://www.fourcc.org/changer/

Offline shizzl

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 05:07:08 PM »
klasse! Thanks!
MED1000X3D

Offline coolgreek

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 06:17:08 AM »
Dear Lupissimo,
this tool is fantastic! Thank you very much!

You saved me a lot of trouble with this tool as i had a disk filled with avi files many of which were with "Divx" header. I was trying to correct them one at a time but yesterday i tried your tool and all was done at once, fast and most importantly easily!

If i had anything to add it would be a better manual on how it works (it took me some time to understand it and get it done) and maybe an English translation on the program itself.

Anyway to sort things out for other users that want to try it here are my instructions:
1) unzip the "Lupos_FourCC.rar " at a directory
2) run it (the "Lupos_FourCC.exe" file)
3) in the screen appearing insert the "volume":\"directory" you want scanned
4) let it scan for .avi video files and afterwards (when it finishes the scan) end the program (press "esc")
5) edit the "Lupos_FourCC.INI" file and change the line
"ersetzen =   ; kein Ersetzen = nur Liste"
with
"ersetzen = XVID"
save the file and close the editor
6) now rerun the program and enter the  "volume":\"directory" that the you entered at step 3 and
7) Voila, it will change all "divx" headers for you

HINTS:
1)at  "volume":\"directory" you can enter a hole disk volume, for example i did it for an external disk (1tb) labeled as "G:\" and it did everything in less than 2 minutes
2) you can just start from step (5) at the above but in that case you  will not have the first protokoll (Lupos_FourCC.txt) so you can revert the changes later if there are problems.

EDIT: edited to get instructions (a little) more understandable...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:39:16 AM by coolgreek »

Offline Duppie

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-0
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »
Hi All,

Does anybody know how to resolve this error? OS = Windows XP SP3 (32bit) and all .Net packages installed and updated.

Drive Z = Samba Share Mapped in Explorer.

Duppie